Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    london_chic888 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
    British Father abandoned Child in Philippines
    I am writing to you to seek advice in behalf of a good friend in Manila, Philippines. She met this British man named STEVE in 1998, and their relationship bore a son who was born and raised in the Philippines. Apparently, the father has not fulfill his obligations to his biological son for 9 years now, and residing in Singapore.

(1) if you know of the whereabouts of this Steve in Singapore (as of 2007), we appreciate that this email be forwarded to him.

(2) Any legal advice is appreciated regarding the rights of the child for support as well as his rights for a British nationality, or whatever.

The child has no idea of his father, and the mum chose not to say anything at this stahe when he cannot comprehend yet.

Thanks for your help! Nona
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:15 AM
    Come to a British embassy or if the man is already a Singaporean citizen, go to singapore embassy. They are the one who will help u trace the man. I knew someone who did that and it worked.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 06:44 AM
    I think it is inappropriate to post the person's name here -

If you are looking for someone, go to the missing persons thread -

Otherwise, you can't just post something like this about someone without giving him a chance, posting his side of the story -

Jun 27, 2008, 02:17 AM
    To Ylaira:

Thank you very much. We will try to do that.
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by london_chic888
    It may be so it is inappropritae to post his name, but I was there when she was preganant, in the hospital when she almost lost the baby, and was there as a birthing coach when the baby was born in 1999! So I believe, I knew the story, I met the bastard, and I know 100% what transpired between them because I am the bestfriend, and instead of the father being there to be with her, it was me! Thank you very much!

You're welcome. Apparently you and your friend have rather questionable taste in men - I understand your husband left in 2000 and you haven't seen or heard from him since.

So I understand your anger, just not why it's directed at me.

Jun 27, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Judy... listen... uf you don't know the whole pucture, don't generalise nor make judgment... do not appreciate a one-traxk mind... do not reply anymore... not interested!
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by london_chic888
    Judy...listen...uf you don't know the whole pucture, dont generalise nor make judgment...do not appreciate a one-traxk mind...do not reply anymore...not interested!

Note that your first post had to be edited - your second post, to which I responded, was pulled - and you are misusing the "rate this answer" feature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

British mother, Nigerian father in Texas can I take children to UK? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a British woman married to a Nigerian man. We have been married for 14 years, lived in Texas for 9 years. Two of our kids were born in England, two in Texas. My husband is an engineer working on an h1, I have a spousal visa h4. My problem is my husband has become addicted to drugs, he's lost...

My ex abandoned us and now he wants to have sometime to do with our child. [ 2 Answers ]

I was never married to my ex, but we had a child together. While I was pregnant he never wanted me there and kicked me and the baby out when she was 6 weeks old. He didn't talk to us until she was ten months old. He decided then that he wanted something to do with her, after I filed for support...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

My daughter's biological father abandoned her [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 8 years old and lives with my husband and I and her younger brother and has for about 5 1/2 years now. We have supported her without any help from her biological father. He took off to NY after we split up when she was 3 1/2. When she was 4 I took him to mediation to try to establish...

Father abandoned my son [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my question, Dec. 2001 I legally divorced my husband, Father to my then 1 year old son. He has not seen my son since he was approx. 5 months old. He was ordered to pay Child Support, Daycare expenses, and keep up with the Health Insurance for my son. He has done none of these things. I...

View more questions Search