Ask
    chrisnmj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Credit card summons
    How should I handle a situation if I have been recently summoned
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Welcome to AMHD. It is time to face-up to someone's claim that you owe money. The summons tells you when you must file an answer to the attached complaint. If you fail to file an answer, the plaintiff will take a judgment against you for everything it has requested. It is best to file an answer denying liability, and then work out an agreement to pay the debt in installments. Offer 50% at $50.00 per month after you file your answer; remember to mail a copy to the address of the plaintiff as shown on the summons. Otherwise, get an attorney to do this for you. Keep your bank and employment information confidential.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served with summon from credit card company in NC [ 2 Answers ]

I have until 4/25/08 to respond. I have no idea of what to say in a response. Any suggestions? Is bankruptcy the only answer?

How to proceed with credit card debt summon [ 7 Answers ]

Is it better to answer to the complaint as soon as you recives summon or wait till the end of the time table allowed? My court summon said I have 28 days. My intent is to defend myself and ready to answer to the complaints by requesting a validation. Also, when do I file a sworn denial? After I...

Summon, Old Credit Card Debts, Need Info [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I received a summons from Attorney. Apparently my credit card debts were bought by collection agency who has sent me a summons that I have not responded to. My house is has been sold and is pending settlement. The original summons was for approximately $25,000. When a...

I got a summon at my door for an unpaid credit card. [ 4 Answers ]

I got a summon at my door from a lawyer and it said I have to appear in court in 20 days. I went to court and they told me I have to call the law firm first. They want to collect a debt for Chase for $6839. I owed $5400, I guess the interest kept growing for the last 3 years. How should I approach...

View more questions Search