Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blakeb1578 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Dog Kennel Waste Management Septic Tank System
    Good morning Blake,
    [quote][I'd like to run a sewer line from the bottom of a sump, in a concrete runoff trough (yet to be formed & poured), for a 10 ft. dog kennel slab, to the home sewage waste line.
    What would be a good design, that ensures sewer gas does not escape and storm water does not enter?/QUOTE]
    The line would have to be trapped and vented at the runoff trough. You would use PVC pipe and fittings to do this and make the trap and drain 3". Since this will be a run off for dog poop what will be the wash down set up? A simple hose bib or a timed flush arrangement ?

If the runoff trough is outside and exposed to the elements there's no way you can prevent storm water from entering the sewer system. In many areas, mine included, it's illegal to discharge anything but sewerage and gray water into the sewer system. Check with your local Building Department. Since you will be connecting to the sewer a permit will have to be pulled and a inspection made. If you get the OK from the Building Department click on back with more details such as. The depth of the sewer line you're connecting to. What's the frost line in your area? You want the trap and drain line deep enough so it doesn't freeze up in the winter. If you put the trap and drain line under the frost line will you still have enough fall to reach the sewer connection?
    We can walk you through the installation but these are things that must be addressed first. Back to you, Tom

OK, as an alternate plan, how could we construct a simple septic tank cespool setup? A couple of buried plastic 55 gal. drums. The soil, a least on the surface, seems like there is some clay content.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 24, 2008, 04:06 AM
    OK, as an alternate plan, how could we construct a simple septic tank cespool setup? A couple of buried plastic 55 gal. drums
    Click on; How to Construct a Small Septic System - wikiHow
    For your answer. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic Leach Bed Leaks Back into Septic Tank [ 15 Answers ]

Every time we get a heavy rain I get water coming from the leach bed back into the septic tank. Is there a check valve that can be installed to prevent this from happening or any other suggestions? I have been told that a curtain drain would help, but that is costly.

Septic Tank [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a house 2 years ago that was approximately 2 years old. It has a septic tank. Lately I've been smelling an odor in my master bathroom (stronger in the morning) and now I'm starting to smell it in my master bedroom. The master bedroom and bath are on the opposite side of the house from...

Where is my septic tank? [ 12 Answers ]

Closing on my 1st house soon and I want to find out the condition of the tank.. unfortunately the seller is just flipping the house so he doesn't know.. generally how far and how deep are septic tanks.. I see a very big cast iron pipe in the basement leading out.are the tanks always in a straight...

Dog Kennel Waste Management [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'd like to run a sewer line from the bottom of a sump, in a concrete runoff trough (yet to be formed & poured), for a 10 ft. dog kennel slab, to the home sewage waste line. What would be a good design, that ensures sewer gas does not escape and storm water does not enter? I...

Septic Tank [ 3 Answers ]

I the previous owners had a new tank installed right before we closed on our house 5 years ago. I had no idea you were suppose to 'pump' it out or anything. I have a leach field and all that. So I have two questions-one how often should it be pumped out and on average what is the going rate for...

View more questions Search