Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smakarem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Water under Furnace
    Hi,
    Latley it has been raining heavily in Toronto (even everywhere in the wolrd! ). Somehow every time it rains so strong I get water in the basement under the furnace!! No water comes from the windoows or walls anywhere in the basement, just under the furnace!! I am not sure whether there is or are some outlets to allow air from outside and these outlets are getting clogged with water ot debris and hence water is sipping into the basement?

Anyone aware of what should I do or where is ths water coming from>
    Thanks

Sam
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Your drain for the A/C might be clogged up. Blow clear OR call for professional On site help to do it for you..
    smakarem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Your drain for the A/C might be clogged up. Blow clear OR call for professional On site help to do it for you..
    I hv checked the drain and all is OK. There are two pipes in front of the house coming out of the ground and 4 inches high. While reading on the web they mention that these could be the intake and exhaust pipes for the furnace. While it was pouring rain the area around the pipes was full of water. Are these pipes for the furnace? There are no other pipes either on the side of the house or on the roof.

Thanks sam
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 07:00 PM
    There are two pipes in front of the house coming out of the ground and 4 inches high

I hope not for the furnace. A high efficiency furnace pipes are supposed to be well above snow line. In Toronto Canada the line is much higher than 4 inches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from furnace [ 11 Answers ]

I have a York Affinity furnace with a Honeywell humidifier. It is three years old and this season I have noticed that there is watwer leaking down from the top and leaking in the midle and pooling at the bottom. I had reduced the air flow on the by pass and reduced the water flow by adjusting the...

( AC) Furnace is leaking water in the pan . [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My (AC) unit Furnace is leaking water in the pan when I run AC unit when the Florida weather is hot outside. Almost on monthly basis I am vaccuming out water accumulated in the pipe that is connected to the furnace to let out water. Now, the pan is rusted and leaking and water is...

Hot Water Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

How to troubleshoot a whole house hot water furnace,with no pump,only gravity fed.

Water inside furnace fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone:cool: , I heard the watering noise inside my furnace fan. After opening the furnace I had noticed that water is inside my furnace fun. I have Lennox furnace, how I can remove that water from my fun? Thanks for any Help. Ken

Hot water furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I do not think there is enough water in the system. How can I be sure?

View more questions Search