Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drummer0726 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Maybe a second chance?
    My ex and I have been broken up for about a month and a half now, our two year anniversary would be tomorrow. I would love to get back with her so badly. I broke up with her one day after getting angry for no reason, mostly because of an acne medicine (accutane) that makes me pretty emotional. But I realized my mistake and tried to get back with her and she said no. Then I talked to one of her best friends (one of my ex's) who has a boyfriend. And was like yeah, we had a good relationship and stuff... just wanting companionship and stuff. No relationship or anything. So my ex asks me to get back together with her. We do, and we are SOOO happy. Then one day she calls me and tells me we are through due to what I said to the other girl when we were not together (she also made up a bunch of stuff too.)
    Then we went to england together because we had planned the trip way before we broke up. Before we left she told me she was now dating another guy. In england she was always hugging me, and laying all over me. At night she would come crawl into bed with me and cuddle. Then when we got home she kind of kicked me out of her life, except for calling and texting me occasionally to see what I'm doing and how I am.
    Everyone keeps telling me that we will get back together that I need to just wait it out. Her family and I were very close they had already taken me in as part of their family. They hope we get back together due to the fact we were so in love with each other for 2 years.
    Can anyone help or give their input on this? I want to know if I will get a second chance. She is my world. I continue to dream about her and think about her all the time.
    Thank you everyone
    gg23 Posts: 72, Reputation: 12

Jun 23, 2008, 10:40 AM
    You have been with her for two years! It's normal to get used to having her as a part of your life. However, whatever happened in the past, stays there. Whatever she said or did then, she probably meant it, however it does not apply anymore! I am sorry to have to tell you this but all you can do it to let her be and disappear from her life as of now. That's your best bet! She knows that you want her back but she is not acting on it, so take that as a sign. Leave her alone and get busy!! I mean busier than usual. Go out with friends, and do things you enjoy and with time things will get easier... it get better. She may mean the world to you now, but after a long period of no contact, you may come to realize that this was maybe the best thing as you will grow indifferent! Trust me I just went to something like that!! there are a lot great girls out there, and I am sure one will love you for who you are. Chin up, lick your wounds and give yourself sometime before you get back in the game!! if you beg her, you will only push her away... with no contact two things can happen. She might realize that she's making a mistake and come back, or she may not. But it doesn't really matter because no contact is for you to get yourself back!! trust me you can read my story... I thought it was the end of the world... but here I am now my ex contacts me... what I thought was gold has tarnished... it's funny how things work huh? Karma baby!!

Jun 23, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Thanks gg23, I know I want her back. I don't think I will become indifferent, but I am hoping if I use NC that she will contact me and miss me.

Jun 23, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Drummer! The human mind is the most amazing creation ever.. trust me... you will adapt... I was with my ex for 2 yrs. She meant everything to me... and I wanted her back as well... but that was because I was looking only at the good memories... then I started focusing on how she pretty much treated me as if I was nothing to her after I gave her everything I had... trust me I know what I am talking about... I was a mess!! almost failed out of engineering school, lost weight and the list goes on and on... focusing on the end and on how she different she became really did it for me... I actually think that I am better off like this then to be stuck with that physco girl... I mean she was the sweetest girlfriend I had so far by far... and trust me I have been around... but in the end she was just someone else. I thought I knew her, after all 2 yrs is a long time to be with someone... anyway... I m good now, lived through it, kept telling myself that I'll be OK before I know it... I met two girls since... but I'm just having a good time and nothing serious... and the funny thing is I am considering going out with one of them, and the night I had an amazing time with this new girl, out of the blue my ex contacts me... I haven't bother to write back... she wanted me out of her life, and that's exactly what she going to get!! anyway... give yourself time... go no contact... and maybe she will miss you and come back... doing Nc for that sole purpose is to set yourself up for a failure!! Because if she doesn't come back the pain will feel like the first day you guys broke up... n by indifferent I mean, you will move on, you will stop caring, and one day you will find out that your girl was sorry when she realized what good catch she let go off... trust me buddy... it get easier...
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

Jun 23, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Sounds like she may be texting you just to make sure your okay. Only time and patience will tell. Give her space. You could ask her if she sees the two of you ever getting back together.

Jun 23, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Should I call and tell her I was thinking about her or something on our supposed to be anniversary?

Jun 23, 2008, 05:20 PM
    Don't even think about that! They way its seems as of now, if u call u'll get burned!. leave her alone!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Everyone keeps telling me that we will get back together that I need to just wait it out.
    This is between her and you, not the family
    Her family and I were very close they had already taken me in as part of their family.
    That's one of the downsides of breaking up.
    They hope we get back together due to the fact we were so in love with each other for 2 years.
    Now its over.
    Can anyone help or give their input on this? I want to know if I will get a second chance.
    Doesn't seem very likely.
    She is my world. I continue to dream about her and think about her all the time.
    We all go through that when we are still in shock after a break up when we have invested so much time and effort and ourselves.
    But I am hoping if I use NC that she will contact me and miss me.
    No contact is to give you a chance to heal, and make better decisions for yourself based on facts and not just feelings. Anything else is false hope and you can never heal as long as you thing more of her than you do yourself.
    should I call and tell her I was thinking about her or something on our supposed to be anniversary?
    Leave her alone, and keep your dignity and self respect.
    Before we left she told me she was now dating another guy.
    Accept that she has changed her mind about you and your relationship. At least then you have a chance to move on, even though you don't want to, and as much as it hurts, it will be much much worse, if you don't let go.

Sorry for your loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Asking for another chance. [ 71 Answers ]

I'm thinking of emailing my ex boyfriend to see if we could try our relationship one more time. My friends are mostly telling me to forget him, but I can't without knowing if there's still a chance for us. If I don't ask il never know, what should I do? Im scared

Do I Take a Chance? [ 5 Answers ]

3 years ago I was involved in a relationship with a man that I truly loved and thought I was going to marry. After about a year in the relationship with him, I found that he was married. He told me that they were separated and going to get a divorce. They had separated, but he moved her back in...

Is there no chance? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 18 and I have a really big problem. (it's kind of long, please try to read through it all... ) There is a girl which is a really good friend of mine, at least I think so, and we have a group of people we usually hang out with, we're all good friends and we have lots of fun. I know this...

Is there any chance? [ 2 Answers ]

Thoughts about implantation bleeding and when a test would show up.. MY last normal period was April 20th. My husband and I had sex on and off after then up to the 20th of May. My cycles are usually between 27- 28 days. Which would have made my cycle due May 18th. An my period starts very heavy...

Another chance [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for 4 months and we just broke up. Since it's a long distnace relationship a lot of misunderstandings has been going on between us. Basically, the main reason we broke up is because that I went clubbing twice in a row without messaging him during the club making him know...

View more questions Search