Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lidias Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 09:56 AM
    What's happening to my car?
    I was driving car it showed no signs of overheating. The radiator popped. Towed the car home. Replaced radiator, replaced fans and the power steering hose(when the radiator popped the fan became loose and piece of fan broke off and sliced the hose). The car was already losing compression and now is worse than ever and is now dying. Oh, after everything else engine is making noise. Who can help me?
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 23, 2008, 10:35 AM
    The piece coming off the fan probably led to this chain of events. That caused your radiator to get damaged , lose fluid and the engine overheated, probably burned some oil. The radiator wouldn't just pop of itself, if it had simply overheated like your antifreeze was too old the cap would just need replaced, not the whole radiator. You may have blown a head gasket? Does it look like oil around the top of the motor? Or pull out a plug and see if it looks OK.Check your oil level, maybe do an oil change and see if it makes a difference
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 24, 2008, 08:10 AM
    There will be blow by, an oily stain on the underside of the hood over the engine when you raise it. Or you will see oil leaks on the engine or oily marks on the driveway where you park, the head gasket just seals the engine closed from the top like you screw the lid on a jar. If it's blown you just have to put a new gasket on hopefully the engine block isn't damaged from no coolant. I also thought get the water pump checked too because if that fails it would make a lot of noise.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:53 AM
    What do you mean when you say the radiator "popped?" Did the plastic break open or did the metal core itself start to leak? What type of vehicle is this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening to me? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a 37 year old teacher and all of my life, I've had an innate ability to read people and their intentions. I chalked that up to being fairly observant with a strong feeling for just plain common sense. However, recently, I have been noticing some very strange things happening to me that I...

Why is this happening [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I'm 4 months pregnant and have been having runny brownish discharge and having pressure oushing on my vagina all the time, I feel like my cervix is going to burst open. I have a urine infection anyway but can anyone shed any light on this. Had a miscarriage last year so very worried!!...

Why could this be happening? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been spotting every other day which happens to be the days after I've had sex. My husband and I are on a schedule since we are Trying to conceive. Let me give a little bit of a timeline so you're with me about dates. My last period began on the 5th and ended on the 10th. I had taken a...

What is happening? [ 7 Answers ]

Was on the depo shot since July 2005. Took the last dose in September and haven't had one since then. Had periods from basically dec. I had a period in early feb. but then didn't have one again. March 26th I took a pregnancy test that was negative, started my period the next day that lasted 2 1/2,...

What is happening? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to the site. This is a hard one and have no one I can really confide in or talk to about this but need some answers. I have known my landlord for two years now and I have had a strange relationship with him in that time. He is quite a funny chap who is hard to communicate with...

View more questions Search