Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xpertplumber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
    How to solder tail pipe onto drain pipe
    I have a 1 1/4" drain on my bathroom sink. It goes into the wall and soldered on to a cast iron elbow. My chrome pipe is leaking and needs to be replaced. What alternatives do I have besides tearing the wall down to repipe?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Show us a picture of this please.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Yes, I think we'd like a pic since you can't solder to cast iron. I think you may be mistaken with your materials.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen s-trap slipping off tail pipe [ 4 Answers ]

I have a double kitchen sink with a single s-trap. The problem is that the entire s-trap assembly keeps sliding into the pipe in the floor and sliding off the tail of the pipe coming off the sink. I have tried tightening all the connections. Using different gaskets/washers. Switching from pvc to...

Very small leak at solder joint of hot water pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am concerned about a small leak (very small drip) at a solder joint of a hot water pipe. Should I have a plumber come and re-solder the joint or is there a produce I can purchase that will safely stop the leak. Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Vent pipe turned into drain pipe and drain pipe into vent pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I recently began to remodel my laundry room. I wanted to move the washing machine 3 ft from its current spot. When I removed the sheet rock I found that the vent pipe is between the current washing machine drain and where I am moving my washing machine. I wanted to avoid breaking into the slab....

Tapping in new drain pipe to old sewer pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a new tub and shower in my basement. The old shower in the basement drained through a pvc pipe that ran on top of the basement floor directly to our floor drain. I have excavated a channel from the proposed tub site to the sewer pipe running from the first floor toilet to the...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

View more questions Search