Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ketty Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Is my cat pregnant?
    I have a cat named Hannah,and I think that she's pregnant,but I'm not sure. She's sleeping a lot,she's licking herself more than usual. I made her a bed in my closet,and she seems to be liking it cause she's almost always in it. When you feel her belly,and it feels like there are little things moving around. Can you help me?:confused:

>Moved from Other Science<
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 23, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Only a vet can answere this one... My experience with felines is: They like "private places" (the higher the better), they are always "grooming", and if they go outside "pregnancy happens."

Jun 23, 2008, 08:44 AM
    [QUOTE=rsain2004]Only a vet can answere this one... My experience with felines is: They like "private places" (the higher the better), they are always "grooming", and if they go outside "pregnancy happens."[/QUOTE

You said that they are always grooming but he never groomed this much and she's getting fat and when you look from behind it looks like an egg.And I read from the internet it said that her bell will look like an egg.So what is your advice now? (now trying to be rude)
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jun 23, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Take her to a vet and have her examined.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Could be pregnant or a bad case of worms... they will swell with worms and sleep because they take their energy away... take her to a vet.
    Do you remember her being in heat... rolling, howling, loud purring.

I really wish you would get her spayed... I have 4 stray cats that I am now the proud owner of and have had all of them spayed/neutered. I also have 2 rescued dogs.

Just this morning a young male cat shows up on my door step, needing neutered hair brittle(from lack of proper nutrition, or ill... who knows). From his condiiton if I take him to the shelter he will be put down. They have enough healthy cats to adopt out much less taking time with treating, neutering an ill cat.

I feel the responsibility of doing something for him so I will take him to the vet and do what is right by him. Hopefully I can get him placed in a foster program so that he can be nurtured back to health. I have 6 animals in my house and that is enough... I can't take them all... do you get my point... please for the sake of the cat get her spayed.

My neighbor to the left of me has picked up 7 stray cats... my neighboorhood is full of cats as I am sure a lot of neighbohoods are because people will not be responsible. Sad very sad... don't you be one of those people.

Here's a link to cat care. Good luck
    Feline How-To Manual: Pregnancy and Delivery ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc.

Jun 23, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Could be pregnant or a bad case of worms...they will swell with worms and sleep because they take their energy away....take her to a vet.
    Do you remember her being in heat....rolling, howling, loud purring.

I really wish you would get her spayed...I have 4 stray cats that I am now the proud owner of and have had all of them spayed/neutered. I also have 2 rescued dogs.

Just this morning a young male cat shows up on my door step, needing neutered hair brittle(from lack of proper nutrition, or ill...who knows). From his condiiton if I take him to the shelter he will be put down. They have enough healthy cats to adopt out much less taking time with treating, neutering an ill cat.

I feel the responsibility of doing something for him so I will take him to the vet and do what is right by him. Hopefully I can get him placed in a foster program so that he can be nurtured back to health. I have 6 animals in my house and that is enough....I can't take them all...do you get my point....please for the sake of the cat get her spayed.

My neighbor to the left of me has picked up 7 stray cats....my neighboorhood is full of cats as I am sure a lot of neighbohoods are because people will not be responsible. Sad very sad....don't you be one of those people.

Heres a link to cat care. Good luck
    Feline How-To Manual: Pregnancy and Delivery ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc.
    Yes I do remember her being in heat and it was around the time that my aunts cat was at my house cause we were trying to get them to bread and it was like the first week of April so if she is pregnant she's going to have them pretty soon right

Jun 23, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ketty
    Yes I do remember her being in heat and it was around the time that my aunts cat was at my house cause we were trying to get them to bread and it was like the first week of april so if she is pregnant shes going to have them pretty soon right
    And we got her from this guy she wasn't a stray she was a present to me
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jun 23, 2008, 09:43 AM
    How long since you noticed the change? I have had many cats and it is certainly not hard to notice if they are pregnant. If I can remember correctly its around 52 days from the point of which the cat becomes pregnant and has the kittens. And if she is you will notice if she has had the kittens because her stomach will being skinnier and hanging very low almost looking deflated. If she has not had kitten's before watch her carefully cats tend to have there kittens away from the house where they believe is quiet, and she may not take care of them as she should. To see if she is pregnant please take her to the vet and get her checked out.

Jun 23, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123
    How long since you noticed the change? I have had many cats and it is certainly not hard to notice if they are pregnant. If I can remember correctly its around 52 days from the point of which the cat becomes pregnant and has the kittens. And if she is you will notice if she has had the kittens because her stomach will being skinnier and hanging very low almost looking deflated. If she has not had kitten's before watch her carefully cats tend to have there kittens away from the house where they believe is quiet, and she may not take care of them as she should. To see if she is pregnant please take her to the vet and get her checked out.
    I don't know when the change was but are pretty sure that she's pregnant but we just don't have the money to take her to the vet my mom is having some money issues but she's getting taken care of just fine and she has a bed she can have her kittens in and if I has the money I would pay for the vet myself

Jun 23, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Well her stomach is getting very big and its sagging and when u put your hand on her belly you can feel little things and when she lays down u can see them moving

Jun 23, 2008, 09:54 AM
    I know where your coming from financially. When our cats got pregnant we knew right away. They never were at the vet accept the when we got them spayed(after they had many batches of kittens.) Is your cat always indoors or does she go outdoors to?

Jun 23, 2008, 09:58 AM
    I know where your coming from financially. When our cats got pregnant we knew right away. They never were at the vet accept the when we got them spayed(after they had many batches of kittens.) Is your cat always indoors or does she go outdoors to?
    She's both sometimes when we open the door she goes running and she doesn't come back till later on but lately she hasn't been trying to get out but when she was in heat my aunts cat was brought to out house so they could mate and we think that they did cause it was almost 9weeks ago that he was here and the pregnancy period is 9weeks right(and is your last name spaid cause your dog looks like an old friend of mine)im not trying to invaid cause my name is markette
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 23, 2008, 09:59 AM
    With a young, slim cat it can be hard to tell if she's showing until maybe the week before the kittens arrive. Sometimes they go into false pregnancy, where they are not in heat but not expectant either.Just leave her to herself and don't handle her or get her excited, like the others said if she's nervous she might hide the kittens. Give her a roomy cardboard box that is not too hard to get in to for her, line it with newspapers or an old towel so you can throw those away after the kittens arrive. It's best to leave her alone with them, don't make too much fuss over them or touch them. After their eyes are open and they are toddling around she will then want to show them off.

Jun 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Really watch that she doesn't go out unsupervised like I said she'll go have her kittens away from your house and she just might decide to up and leave them and come back to your house alone(this has happened to me with my cats twice.)

Sorry but I guess its just a coincidence that's not my last name.

Jun 23, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildandblue
    With a young, slim cat it can be hard to tell if she's showing until maybe the week before the kittens arrive. Sometimes they go into false pregnancy, where they are not in heat but not expectant either.Just leave her to herself and don't handle her or get her excited, like the others said if she's nervous she might hide the kittens. Give her a roomy cardboard box that is not too hard to get in to for her, line it with newspapers or an old towel so you can throw those away after the kittens arrive. It's best to leave her alone with them, don't make too much fuss over them or touch them. After their eyes are open and they are toddling around she will then want to show them off.
    Well I have my closet all set for her and she's really comfortable and the only problem is I just got a pup and he's riding her and jumping on her and he won't stop so were afraid that he going to hurt her

Jun 23, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Really watch that she doesn't go out unsupervised like I said she'll go have her kittens away from your house and she just might decide to up and leave them and come back to your house alone(this has happened to me with my cats twice.)

Sorry but I guess its just a coincidence thats not my last name.
    K we have tried to prevent her getting out and like now she's not really trying to get out when u would open the door she would come racing to get out and sometimes successful but not all the time like just now I took my pup out to go and she tried to get out is that a sign for something

Jun 23, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Yes getting excited by a new dog is a very bad thing for her right now. Any kind of stress is bad during pregnancy, could lead to low blood sugar or other complications

Jun 23, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Yes getting excited by a new dog is a very bad thing for her right now. Any kind of stress is bad during pregnancy, could lead to low blood sugar or other complications
    Should I keep him away from her no matter what and especially during pregnancy

Jun 23, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Yes I would. After all it would only be for a few weeks since you think she's almost at her due date. And don't allow the pup around the newborn kittens. The dog might eat them!

Jun 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Yes I would. After all it would only be for a few weeks since you think she's almost at her due date. And don't allow the pup around the newborn kittens. The dog might eat them!
    He might but well have to keep a really close eye on him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

I think I might be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Im about a week an a half late for my period which is not normal for me, I've been with the same guy for about 2 years an we never use protection. Yesterday when I was at work I went to the restroom because I thought I started my period it felt like it anyway an when I looked it was a light...

Am I pregnant? [ 15 Answers ]

I am 23 yrs old mother of two.I am approx.4 to 5 days late for my period.I am cramping and I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative... any advice?

I think I might be pregnant! [ 13 Answers ]

The reason why I think I might be pregnant is because my breast are sore have cramping not able to sleep at night wake up with morning sickness.. headachs .more moodier then usual.. back pain.. frequent need to urinate and so much more someone give me advice... its like everything I c is about...

View more questions Search