Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sockxmonkeyxwee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Severe pain in achilles tendon
    A couple months ago I started noticing a cold pain in my right achilles tendon
    It has only gotten worse. It starts sometimes when I'm walking, ALWAYS when I'm running and even when I'm sitting down.
    It feels like my ankle needs to pop
    But when I try to pop it, its excruciatingly painful, then when I relax it, it stops.
    Sometimes even when I'm not moving my ankle, it will last for hours and sometimes it will hurt and be 100% again 3 seconds later.
    I recently quit gymnastics which I had been doing for 10 years, and it got me HUGE muscular ankles
    I think that muscle loss or something may be part of it.
    My mom say's I just need to stretch it more, but its not stiff. It's a completely different kind of pain. And my mom was also convinced I just had allergies when I had pneumonia.
    So I don't really trust her opinion :rolleyes:
    Can anybody tell me what this is?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 02:36 AM
    Muscle loss has nothing to do with it in that manner.

I can't give you a diagnosis, but what I can tell you is this: stop popping it. I would try to ice it for a little bit and see if it gets any better, and try to slowly stretch it. If this doesn't help, good chance your ligaments are pulled... time for the ortho.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe vagina/vulvar pain [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I am really badly trying to get as much advice as possible on a very serious and painful problem I am currently having and have now had for about 2 years, getting worse and worse and now excruiating. I used 2 get sore down there occasionally, sometimes it would be brought on after sex....

Severe groin pain [ 1 Answers ]

For quite a while I had an urgency to urinate, at times it would wake me up in the middle of the night. The urgency was then combined with pain in my penis and I decided to attention. I sought medical help and was prescribed antibiotics - after several visits to different physicians and blod and...

Achilles Heel Pain [ 2 Answers ]

My left achilles heel is really sore and I was just wondering if anyone know what I can do to heal it quickly, I have been putting ice packs on it and massaging it but it still hurts. Especially in the morning when I get up out of bed or when I sit for long periods. Can someone please help because...

Severe pain [ 2 Answers ]

Iit's been two months that I have been putting up with this pain and I can't take it any longer. Is on my middle right arm & sometimes runs down to the middle of my right leg also. What can I do? Thanks

Severe arm pain and more [ 3 Answers ]

I have been waking up w/ severe arm pain that starts about half way between my arm pit and elbow and it just runs all the way down and usually my fingers and hand are just burning like crazy. This morning it was the worst it had been and now I am starting to lose more not strength but I am just not...

View more questions Search