Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    packer04 Posts: 105, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Should there be physical attraction-looks?
    If you meet a really nice guy that seems to have it all(personality,responsible,trust,honest) have much in common-compatible in a lot of areas,and I guess that is considered chemistry to some. But the head over heels isn't there, but he is this great guy, or the attraction isn't there-physically not what you would have seen yourself with, but has that great personality-just so easy to be with. I mean he is great , but he is not the handsome type,shorter,older looking-should that matter even if your'e not attracted to him. There are not a whole lot of nice guys out there and I don't want to pass up if we were met to be, but friends tell me you need the physical attraction-the looks, but he has so many great qualities. What is the opinion out there?
    RedneckMama Posts: 103, Reputation: 17

Jun 22, 2008, 10:04 PM
    While I don't think there's one general answer to this question... I think there's usually a general formula that is followed... you meet someone and have nothing but that physical attraction to work from and then follows the actual personality/habits of the people and whether they sync up with yours...

I would think in order to have a healthy relationship you'll need a good balance of both physical attraction and personality compatibility... some days you feel more tied to the other person because of one or the other.. then there are days both come into play...

In your particular case... do you find the guy unattractive? If not, I'd be willing to bet that if you spent time with Mr.Wonderful you'd start to notice him becoming more attractive to you if he is, in fact, such a great guy on so many other levels...

But, this is purely up to you... physical looks are great as attention getters in the beginning; but they change so drastically over the years, and they are rather shaky ground to build a solid relationship solely on, you know?
    Whereas, "personality,responsible,trust,honest" don't sag over time.. =)
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 10:12 PM
    I agree with RedneckMama in the above post. Also, your friends don't need to be in bed with him... eventually. Their opinions are a reflection of their personality, not yours. If you mesh with this guy, other opinions, especially those about attractiveness are moot.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Long term relationships should have little to do with all the physcial, what if he is disfigured in a wreck, or put in a wheel chair next month, would you leave him, yes if a relationship is based on looks. And in a long, long term, people get fat, lose hair, lose teeth,
    Good long term relationships are based on great relationships.
    If a person is not mature enough to understand and want that type of relationship, they normally find thierself in and out of relationships

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to know about the law of attraction [ 6 Answers ]

For some time, I have been hearing about the law of attraction,but do not know Exactly what it is all about. Could someone kindly enlighten me about this subject, As I would like to know more about it? Thanks.

Law of Attraction [ 93 Answers ]

The Law of Attraction What you focus on expands. Your thoughts, feelings, and actions will expand and return to you. Every thought you have, is like placing an order out into the universe and it will return to you. If you truly want to change your life for the better then change your...

No physical attraction [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a year and a half. Our marriage has been great and we love each other so much. I have noticed lately though that he doesn't offer to show me any affection anymore and I can't keep his attention for more than 2 seconds. When we first got married he would...

I'm Married... and have developed a major physical attraction to one of employees [ 4 Answers ]

I am a professional, married successful person and have neve had any type of problem with this situation before. It has torn me up inside and I can't hardly figure out how to deal with it. I am a Top-Level Executive that indirectly oversees 200 employees and 25 direct employees. Last...

Its all about attraction; [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I am nishu,and I have prolem which is very silly to here.I am more attracted towards the women of age between 30 to 35 years,silly is't it.ut my friends used to make fun on the same topic.I am really confused,what do ,is this because aged women are really sexy to look at or there is some...

View more questions Search