Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 23, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    For anyone on ANY side, here are some helpful articles ...
    "For anyone on ANY side"?? No not really!! All three links refer to www . Catholic . Com : the RCC's own website defending it's own faults, outrages, and cruelties.
    That is similar to asking a butcher to check and judge the quality of his own products !

:rolleyes:

·
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 06:02 AM
    What do you disagree with in any of those articles?
    -

Jun 23, 2008, 06:12 AM
    What do you disagree with in any of those articles?
    The (lacking) historic accuracy and the self-evident glossing over of it's own cruelties.
    As I stated : you do not ask a butcher to check and judge the quality of his own products !
    The least you could have done is supply different websites from different perspectives.

·
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis

No, these are not "accidents". They came into existence or were born. But that provides no logical support and/or objective supported evidence for the religious claim on the existence of some supra-natural entity ...

·
    Uh-huh; was is 'abracadabra' or just 'poof!'?
    -

Jun 23, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    Uh-huh; was is 'abracadabra' or just 'poof!'?
    Neither. All that was required was time, lot's of time...

·
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 06:59 AM
    The least you could have done is supply different websites from different perspectives.

·
    Oh, you mean like you have for your statements? ;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Neither. All that was required was time, lot's of time ...

·
    I like that: "In the beginning, there was time; lots of time...." I can almost hear Carl Sagan now: "Billions and billions of years...." Which is just a huge, blank check; and a lot of faith. :)
    -

Jun 23, 2008, 08:14 AM
    I like that: "In the beginning, there was time; lots of time...." I can almost hear Carl Sagan now: "Billions and billions of years...." Which is just a huge, blank check; and a lot of faith. :)
    No, not faith at all. If you would be aware of the latest astronomical and cosmological findings, you would know that a huge amount of scientific evidence from different directions and sources is available, supporting the present general scientific views on the process that was at the basis of the origin of the universe, solar system, earth, etc. I will be the first to admit that the objective evidence is not covering 100%, but how could it, approx. 14.300.000.000 years after that happened ?

The same goes in a similar way for biological findings supporting the Evolution theory, though there we talk approx. 3.500.000.000 years !

That you perhaps refuse to accept any such findings because of your religious views does not lower the scientific value and correctness of many of these findings.
    I note that the objective evidence supporting religious claims never ever has exceeded 0% !

·
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 23, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Couldn't resist this just to remind everyone what we are talking about:

-

Jun 23, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Couldn't resist this just to remind everyone what we are talking about
    You mean what we are NOT talking about!
    This You Tube is funny. The real Inquisition was not...

·
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 08:41 AM
    You think that was not horrible? I could not bear to watch it again.
    -

Jun 23, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    You think that was not horrible? I could not bear to watch it again.
    I mean that the Inquisition was a horrible and atrocious demonstration of religious intolerance by the RCC and of fanatic, complacent, and often self-interested behavior by it's followers, who often had more interest in their own personal gain, instead of in the Christian basic : love and forgiveness for others.

·
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 10:23 AM
    So, we can surmise from the evidence that, after all, things haven't changed much?
    Tell me this then, could George Bush's actions of today be classified as a sort of Inquisition?
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 12:05 PM
    And what does any of the previous few posts have to do with the subject.

Nada.

Any comment, Cred.. . or are you just ranting? And by the way, ranting is just fine on these "Discussion" boards...

-

Jun 23, 2008, 03:03 PM
    And what does any of the previous few posts have to do with the subject. Nada.
    Neither had several of your rather biased posts with links to one-sided RCC sites and with English black humor anything to do with the core of the subject question, being : "What was wrong with the Inquisition?", and with as focus of that question the atrocities that were carried out over many centuries by the RCC against humanity.

·
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Well, Cre, you should be fair; the RCC has done much good in the world as well. Isn't the RCC entitled to claim success for defending Poland against rationalist communism? The rationalists did all they could to stamp out the bourgeoisie, but were unable to finish the job.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Attached Images

-

Jun 23, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Isn't the RCC entitled to claim success for defending Poland against rationalist communism?
    You mean that a religious organization that is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ (being love and forgiveness) can for many hundreds of years just murder hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings for no reason at all other than self-interest, if supporters of that same religion in Poland hundreds of years later stand up against the communist invader from the east?
    What strange argument is that, George?

:D

·
    -

Jun 23, 2008, 03:41 PM
    A picture says more than a thousand words, magprob!
    So you just said more than two thousand words...

:D

·

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it really wrong? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been dating this girl for almost a year. We met last year when she was a Sophomore in high school and I was a Senior in high school. The age difference between us is about 1 year,and 2 months(I'm 18, she just turned 17 yesterday :) ). Nothing much has changed since I've started college, and...

How can something so right be so wrong [ 1 Answers ]

I need help. Someone asked me who sings a particular song and all they know is part of the lyric. Its in the tip of my tongue but I can't put my finger on it! The lyric goes something like this... "how can something so right be so wrong". I am not even sure the lyric is exactly how it should...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

What is wrong with my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday my Rottie/German Shepard Dog (2 yrs old) started placing her tail tight against her bottom and never lifting it at all. If you try touching her tail she attacks your hand. She also has problems sitting down. She is contently licking the bottom part of her tail. It takes her several...

View more questions Search