Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -i-love-my-boyfriend Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Love hurts
    Honestly does every one get over there first love... how hard is it.? I'm in bits here me and my boyfriend have been together 11 months and its over.. I'm 18 and I dout ill ever find anyone that loves me asmuch as he did... tell me please how to get over your first love... and if ill ever love anyone else xxxxx
    cduncman19 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2008, 05:15 PM
    you will absolutely love someone else... you are so young and have your whole life ahead of you... and not only will you love someone else... you will almost certainly have your heart broken again. I have gone through 4 tough breakups, the last one recently has been the hardest. You won't ever forget those that you love and I still think about all of the women I have loved in my short lifetime as well. As for having anyone that loves you as much as he did, of course you will, because that man will not leave you, he'll fight to make it work, do everything he can to make you happy, and love you in a way that nobody else can or will. Keep your chin up, be strong and take courage! We're all here because we felt the same things that you do now. Lean on the people who love you and give yourself time to heal. When things are tough come on here and know that you aren't alone. I wish you the best! And as a guy, I can tell you that the girl I loved, nothing would have kept me away from doing all I could to be with her and make her happy, imagine how great it will be when you meet that man in the future =)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 05:25 PM
    I hope this is not the same jerk who would walk away from you because you get pregnant, something he played a role in. You neve answer your other post so now I guess he dumped you once you got the guts to tell him. Is this so?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 05:27 PM
    I dout ill ever find anyone that loves me asmuch as he did.
    Seems that way because of the hurt and pain, but after you have fully accepted that its over and start the healing process and learn to cope with your loss, you will love again, and deal with the heartbreak that sometimes comes with it.

That first time is really tough though, as you have no clue of what to do.

Click on the links in my signature, for some good suggestions from people who have been there.
    -i-love-my-boyfriend Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    I hope this is not the same jerk who would walk away from you because you get pregnant, something he played a role in. You neve answer your other post so now I guess he dumped you once you got the guts to tell him. Is this so?

Yep I told him and he's gone I'm on me own and heartbroken :(
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 06:16 PM
    I dated seriously about 10 women in my life. I loved 4 of them. I married that last one 23 years ago.

I can still recount specific events and feelings and effects of the three other women I loved. They are a part of me. They help me when remembered properly.

Love is supposed to enhance your life. The relationship may have ended, your love never will, nor should it. Do not waste time trying to forget someone you actually loved, that actually would hurt you if you succeeded.

No, just remember ALL of the relationship properly, including the things that helped end it. Do better next time. Eventually all the factors will work in your favor and what a day that will be.

You're going to be fine.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 03:01 AM
    What have you decided to do with school and the baby, and have you told anyone thag can help you while your pregnant?

Like everyone said in your last post, me included, he's a jerk and not a man. It's given he might be scared, but this is one of the possibilites that happens when you have sex and for him to up and love was not right, but if you keep it, he might denied its his, but after a test he can be ordered by the court to pay child support whether he's in the child life.

Sorry all this happen exactly the way you said it would, I really thought the opposite might happen. Stay strong and maybe seeing counselor is not bad, to help out, they have any servicea like this where you live and what are your plans?
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

Jun 25, 2008, 06:51 AM
    My first love is the father of my son and we were together for 8 years. It took awhile but I am finally over him. I find myself bringing up the times we had, but it is truly over and it has to stay that way. You will find someone that will love you like you deserve. Just give it some time, you are still young. I know it seems like you will be alone and unloved forever, but that's not so. You deserve better than him anyway.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Ok, first off. This boy is nothing more than a coward and any real man would stick by your side during this difficult time of yours.

Next, trust me you will love someone else, and as someone above stated, will have your heart broken. You will fall in and out of love a few more times. With each one your heart because a little more sturdy and you will be more appreciative of the next person you love. I'm only 21 and have been in complete love twice in my life. Once in high school in a relationship that lasted for 2 years, and then just recently for 2 and a half years. The heart break I felt with my last was extreme, it brought me to this place and the people here helped me through it. I am now in a relationship with an amazing women, dating for a few weeks but seeing each other exclusively for going on 5 months now. Is it love? Not for me to say at this point but I can say we do mesh well together and want the same things out of life and love. You will get to the point of feeling okay, I promise. Everything gets better with time and 6 months from now you will be back here rereading your posts and thinking "Why the hell was I so caught up on this person, they treated me like dirt" lord knows I have...

Keep in touch and updated on your saga

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Love hurts [ 8 Answers ]

Who sings love hurts? I think it's a 70's song.

Love hurts [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings love hurts. I think it's a 70's song.

I'm so in love it hurts :( [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my names Vicky, I've known a lad called Liam for 5 years now and I'm so in love with him, out of the blue his stopped talking to me and everything then I reliesed his been seeing some 1 else, who's 17, his 20 now and I'm 19, I can't eat, drink, sleep. Im for eva unhappy, I always feel sick,...

Love Hurts! [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it that every time I date a guy he always breaks up with me with lame excuses. Like for example because I didn't talk to him. He wanted to keep our relationship a secret from everyone else and then he doesn't even say hi to me. Another example because you deserve someone better. ...

View more questions Search