Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    I agree with tom on civil unions as well.

What do you expect from the church which is "too set in their ways with their old book" as you put it, NK? That "old book" is our standard - kind of like our constitution is the American standard. Should we abandon our standards and have no particular guidelines in either case?
    You have to remember that when you are dealing with Libs/Dems, they have no problem in dismissing the Church, or the Constitution.

In MOST cases, neither one mirrors their twisted view of things.

"too set in their ways with their old book" is about what I would expect to hear, no surprise there.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    You have to remember that when you are dealing with Libs/Dems, they have no problem in dismissing the Church, or the Constitution.

In MOST cases, neither one mirrors their twisted view of things.
    <yawn> Your repetition of your hatred is tiresome.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Of course the real question for Obama, who claims to think words are important ;is does he agree with the attempt to redefine the word marriage to serve a politcal agenda ? I think that is why they are angry with him. He has been the candidate of special interests who are now asking him to stick to their doctrine as he attempts to expand his base.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    <yawn> Your repetition of your hatred is tiresome.
    Hatred is a pretty strong word you know?

I see far less hatred in my posts as compared to yours, but I still get a kick out of reading them.

You really have no obligation to read anything I post, sorry to make you yawn.

The truth can be a painful thing at times.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Hatred in my posts? Where? I have 5,600 posts here since December 2004 with a bunch of greenies for thanks/approval. I don't believe I ooze hatred for an entire group of people as I see in some posts here.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    Hatred is a pretty strong word ya know?

I see far less hatred in my posts as compared to yours, but I still get a kick out of reading them.

You really have no obligation to read anything I post, sorry to make you yawn.

The truth can be a painful thing at times.
    progunr, it's obvious that all one needs to do to be 'hateful' in their eyes is be conservative. I'm still waiting for the examples of my hatred/intolerance...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    progunr, it's obvious that all one needs to do to be 'hateful' in their eyes is be conservative.
    Hello Steve:

Not true, Steve. You and I are opposed on most political issues. You're not hateful to me, nor I you. Same with the progundude. You're actually, gasp, my friends.

Having said that, the progundude DOES say some pretty damn imflamatory things about the left leaning folk - things YOU, and tom, and DK, and Elliot DON'T say.

The right isn't defiled by NK, nor myself, nor anybody here except Choux, and we forgive her.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Steve:

Not true, Steve. You and I are opposed on most political issues. You're not hateful to me, nor I you. Same with the progundude. You're actually, gasp, my friends.

Having said that, the progundude DOES say some pretty damn imflamatory things about the left leaning folk - things YOU, and tom, and DK, and Elliot DON'T say.

The right isn't defiled by NK, nor myself, nor anybody here except Choux, and we forgive her.
    Ex, careful with that friends stuff, might get you excommunicated. ;)

Surely you know I don't include you in they, them, their or "you guys" either, I do consider you a friend. I'll leave the assessment of the other two the rest of our members.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Steve:

excon
    I like that word, "inflamatory"!

I can see where that might fit here and there.

I don't want to get mushy, but you're my friend too!

Really though, in the post that NK accused me of "repetitive hatred", does it really qualify as hatred?

I don't see it that way, thus, the reason for the sarcastic reply.

Oh, by the way, I got an A in sarcasm in high school, and my old man always told me that I was the reason they didn't send donkeys to school...
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jun 27, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Are we still talking taxes? The Dems never met a tax they didn't like. (Apologies to Will Rogers)
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Are we still talking taxes? The Dems never met a tax they didn't like. (Apologies to Will Rogers)
    Depends on what kind of Democrat Will Rogers was; after all, FDR, a Clinton protégé, ran as a conservative and governed as a lib/fascist. I doubt Rogers was in that crowd.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jun 27, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    I can't afford to vote for McCain and neither can middle and lower class America. Vote Obama!

YouTube - CNN Crunches Obama and McCain Tax Plans
    Can you promise Obama won't raise taxes?

Power of Puma: Howard Dean Schemes To Shut Down Democratic Convention
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 27, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Sky- Bless your little heart, you try so hard to become relevant on this board. Both the candidates will raise taxes, that's not a revelation. What income bracket are you in?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    Can you promise Obama won't raise taxes?[/URL]
    Can you promise he won't get elected?

Jun 27, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Can you promise he won't get elected?
    Oh, if only I could! However, if the "Just Say No Deal!" trend continues and Hillary's name is written on the ballots of all the states as the alternative candidate by the millions who still support her, we just might be seeing your question come to fruition! Oh, let's hope! Come On Everybody... let's write Hillary on the ballot as the alternative candidate with the most experience and savvy! After all, with that kind of support, it would truly be hope we could very much believe in!

Jun 27, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Wow! One moment you preach Christian pro-life and the next you aligned yourself with Progressive Politics, Feminism, Gay Rights, Lesbian Rights, Liberal Politics, Equality, Same-sex marriage, and Anti-Bush supporters of the "Just say no deal coalition." Oy vey! :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    Oh, if only I could!! However, if the "Just Say No Deal!" trend continues and Hillary's name is written on the ballots of all the states as the alternative candidate by the millions who still support her, we just might be seeing your question come to fruition! Oh, let's hope! Come On Everybody... let's write Hillary on the ballot as the alternative candidate with the most experience and savvy! After all, with that kind of support, it would truly be hope we could very much believe in!

Ok, I'll write in Hellary and you write in Ron Paul. Deal?

Jun 27, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Mag- Sky's scorned and hell knoweth no fury.

Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Yep. Let go Sky. You have to learn to let go. Just-Let-Go.
    Nice picture by the way Bobby.

Jun 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Ok, I'll write in Hellary and you write in Ron Paul. Deal?
    But each of our votes would, in effect, cancel the other out. So, tell you what -- It's Hillary or bust!

** Interested in the November presidential election? Just Say No Deal! **

Just Say No Deal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Barack Obama a Jew [ 17 Answers ]

Is Barack Obama a Jew? Where can I learn more about him?

More political heartburn for Obama. Will McCain capitalize on this? [ 7 Answers ]

The news reports that the verdict is in. The question is: Will Republican Presidential Nominee John McCain capitalize on this and other stories surrounding Obama and his friends? ABC News: Verdict Brings Unwanted Friend to Obama Victory Party

Barack, John McCain or Hillary? [ 37 Answers ]

For me, I liked Hillary - but am growing weary of some of the falsehoods (although, some may not be of her fault). But am having trust issues. Barack - was weaking on him as time was going, and then came the comments the other day about folks turing towards guns and religion. I don't know,...

Where would Hillary, McCain, and Obama appear on the chart? What about you? [ 2 Answers ]

Are you willing to take the test? If so, it's free: The Political Compass - Test

Barack Obama [ 20 Answers ]

6400 This thread is hereby established as a place to post POSITIVE attributes that apply to this canadate. Things that you find about this canadate that are positive. Due to all the negative press and mudslinging, having a place to come to post and read positive issues that apply to the...

View more questions Search