Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gigi0013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 04:18 PM
    c-section
    I like to know if there's anything I can do to tighten up my abs/(core) after a c-section? Keep in mind that Its been about 5 years and this flabby tummy is not pretty. Also is there any truth to what I heard regarding the prosses of a c-section and how your abb muscle are cut, so even after crunches and excersize a tummy can not be tightened.:(
    FLWF40 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 04:46 PM
    It is possible to strengthen abdominal muscles after abdominal surgery, including C-Section delivery. Here are three abdominal exercises to strengthen your rectus abdominus and oblique muscles. As with any exercise, remember to perform the exercise in a slow, controlled manner. BASIC CRUNCH-lie on your back with feet flat on the floor and your knees toward the ceiling. Place your hands, fingers barely touching, behind your head to support it. With eyes, nose and chin facing the ceiling, slowly lift your upper body until your shoulder blades clear the floor. Avoid pulling head or straining neck during the exercise. Keep your abdominal muscles contracted throughout the exercise by pressing your naval to your spine. OBLIQUE CRUNCH - lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and your knees toward the ceiling. Place your hands, fingers barely touching, behind your head to support it. Leading with the shoulder, rotate the torso to the opposite knee. REVERSE CRUNCH-lie on the floor on your back. Place your legs in a 45 or 90-degree angle with your hands and arms at either side of your body. Slowly lift and lower your hips from the floor. Try to lift your shins toward the ceiling and avoid using your hands to press off the ground.
    orgless Posts: 118, Reputation: 0

Jun 22, 2008, 11:41 PM
    25 yrs later and 3 children all from c sections, I have tried every known excersise available and none works, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, only thing left for me is the knife, but that costs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and I don't fancy yet another scare across my belly
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 02:41 AM
    I'm going to have to go with... "I don't believe that it's impossible to tighten the body without surgery after having kids" route.

Sure, it may be harder, and it may take more time, but I'm sure it's possible.

Come up with a proper eating regimen, take in fewer calories and eat healthier, and start walking/exercising along with basic crunches/leg lifts.
    orgless Posts: 118, Reputation: 0

Jun 23, 2008, 07:10 AM
    I have done all that but all the excersise has ever done is to work on my tummy muscles its self, they are as hard as rocks and many men would be pleased to own a "six pack" like mine! Shame you can't see it though for the extra skin that's there, as no amount of excersise will change that, once its left hanging then it don't shrink back!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having sex after C section [ 6 Answers ]

My wife last month gave birth to a baby with C-Section (Operation). I want to know after how many months we can make love again.

Section 8 [ 2 Answers ]

I am living with my mother in law, who is on section 8. I need to get my own place for my daughter and I. can I apply while living with somebody already on it?

FAQ section [ 9 Answers ]

Is it just me or is the FAQ section on here really hard to find?

Section 8 [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how you can get section 8. I was woundering how long it takes and also if you had to have good credit or what it requires! Can someone please tell me a little about this?

Section 8 [ 4 Answers ]

I just started renting on section 8 two years ago in CT and now my landlord is charging me for having a washer and dryer in my unit. He never discussed this and the hook-ups were already in place in the unit. He said that I have to pay him but nothing is stated about that in my lease agreement. ...

View more questions Search