Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Smc ceiling fan remote not working
    We have a 20 year old SMC brand ceiling fan w/an add on remote that suddenly stopped working. New batteries mad no difference. Is SMC still in business? The model # for the remote is RC-118.

Any suggestions?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 04:23 PM
    They are, smc.com.hk

The remote, does it have an LED? Does it light up when you try to control the fan?

You might try a universal remote.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Ceiling fan remote stopped working [ 50 Answers ]

I moved into our house about 1.5 years ago. In one room there is a Hampton Bay ceiling fan which has a remote control. A few weeks ago the whole device stopped working, meaning we can't get either the fan or the light to turn on. We replaced the battery in the remote control, and checked the...

Ceiling fan remote not working [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved into a new home and all of the fans have remotes. The one in the master BR does not control the fan. We have to shut it off with the switch. The light is on, so we cannot run the fan at night which is when we like to have it on. The remote model #uc7o8ot. I do not know for...

Ceiling fan remote not working [ 1 Answers ]

How do I determine if the ceiling fan remote is working,it is a halsey ceiling fan. Replaced battery and still won't work

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan not working with Receiver/Remote [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan with a remote. I was able to put up the fan and it works along with the lights. When I tried installing the receiver on the fan, the fan will not work, with the remote, nor manually, as almost like no power is going to it... As soon as I remove the...

Ceiling Fan Remote not working [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan last year today it wouldn't come on and I noticed the red wire is out of the back of the remote.. is there any way to fix that.. or should I just go buy a new remote... Thanks for any help. :)

View more questions Search