Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theatreking11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 12:10 AM
    The Friend Zone
    I got to let it out...

I met a girl who is more than a year older than me. We are best friends but I want more. The only thing is that I'm not the guy she would usually go for. I'm not ugly, I'm pretty actractive but she's into muscle guys who are "older." She wants a hottie.

The poit of this is that I know a guy can sweep any girl off their feet and I don't know if I have. She calles me everyday while I don't call her. We talk about everything and its gotten to the point where EVERYONE thinks we are dating. But I don't know why she doesn't like hint that she likes me. I hate the friends zone... what do I do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 01:02 AM
    Give her time. She needs time to transition from her 'muscle guy' image that she wanted to consider going for something she wasn't expecting. Don't get your hopes up but go with the flow, who knows where it will go.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 05:21 AM
    You will never know what she wants until you ask her.
    NorthernNiceGuy Posts: 238, Reputation: 75

Jun 22, 2008, 01:21 PM
    This happened to me at the end of high school... I was "best friends" with a girl who I liked a lot. (frankly, I think most of the time the guy always likes the girl... ) We talked on the phone, hung out all the time and became very very close. I never actually told her how I felt, but honestly I don't see how she couldn't tell. I guess I kind of gave up around graduation and started to kind of date my now ex girlfriend. Well my "best friend" went nuts, she came out with how much she liked me, however by that time I had moved on.

I think what I am trying to say is that something needs to happen that turns on that light inside her head that tells her that she likes you. Feeling like she might lose you to another is a possible scenario but there are probably a lot of other things that could do it too. It may just take time for her to realize what she wants... and it could very well be that she isn't interested in you... but who knows.

Asking her is a possible solution... But remember if the feeling isn't reciprocated than it may have a serious consequence on your friendship. Either wait it out or talk to her about it is all you can really do. You'd have to weigh the pros and cons on that one though...
    confused1145 Posts: 176, Reputation: 17

Jun 22, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Continue to be the friend that she needs. Maybe ask her if she sees anything in you.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Jun 22, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Have you tried to kiss her? What are you waiting for. Make a move. If she rebuffs, tell her "look, I've seen the losers you hang out with. Its time to hang out with a real man". Then leave and wait for her call.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jun 22, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Since you are already so close, you could always ask her. I don't mean in the confess your love and spill your guys sort of way, that would probably just scare her off. You could bring it up in a very calm and mature way...

Something along the lines of: "So, have you ever thought of us as more than friends." or something. I just made that up, but you should get my drift...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Before you ask for more, you should know what it is you want. If you have been hanging out for a year, you should have some idea how she feels and how best to approach the subject. Do you want more time?
    An exclusive relationship? More dates? SEX?

If your going into this without knowing what you want, you'll get nothing. Take the risk, and have a conversation over coffee, after you make up your own mind.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jun 23, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I've been there. Once your friendship's at a certain stage, some things just remain perpetually unspoken.

A cynical perspective:
    Ladder theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to stay out of the friend zone [ 10 Answers ]

My question is how do I stay out of the friend zone both in and out of the relationship? I was recently dumped and she said she couldn't see me as more than just a friend that being said how would one show that they can be more than just a friend?

Women and the 'friend zone' [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, All right, so I'm your typical guy who has his head full of images from movies where girls always meet their guy and they both instantly fall in love and everyone is happily ever after. This girl and I met about month ago and we hang out a lot. I really, really like her and in the...

Friend Zone [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I broke up with a long term boyfriend about 4 months ago, we were pretty serioius and I found out that he was cheating on me and that he was never really faithful so now I am very cautious and I worry all the time. I go to school with a guy named Chad and he has never cheated on a girlfriend and...

How do you tell if you're in the FRIEND ZONE with a girl? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I got this girls number about two weeks ago. We talked on the phone for the last two weeks for at least 1-2 hrs each time. Funny thing is, she admitted that if I didn't ask her for her number, then she would've asked for mine. I've been playing it cool, but this girl is GOOD at making me...

Question for wildcat about the 'friend zone' [ 6 Answers ]

Wildcat you always talk about not getting into the friend zone after a girl breaks up with you. However, in order to have any chance of getting her back you must be in her company so how is this achieved without getting oneself into the friend zone?

View more questions Search