Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyhaus1057 Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Rounding numbers
    What is 12.17556 to the nearest ten-thousandth?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 09:00 PM
    The ten thousandth is the 4th number after the decimal point, so 12.17556 would be rounded to 12.1756
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 21, 2008, 09:12 PM
    12.17556 = 12.1756 to express the fraction to the right of the decimal in ten-thousandths

On the right side of a decimal, a number which is 5 or greater raises the number to its left by 1. Then if the first number to the right of the decimal is 5 or greater, the first number to the left of the decimal is raised by 1, if it is preferred not to have a fraction to the right of the decimal.

To the right of a decimal, the numbers to the right are tenths, hundredths, thousandths, ten thousandths, hundred thousandths, etc

Maybe other forum members can check me on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rounding third base, a little too close! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, so like many stories start there's this guy. I've known him for a while now, all my friends are guys so he's a friend of one of my best friends. Anyway at a party we started making out, totally not my style, and now he's like completely in love with me. At the drive-in the other day we were...

Rounding Down [ 2 Answers ]

I have an extremely basic spreadsheet that I need to stop rounding and just look at numbers as having two decimal places. I'm taking a currency gross and multiplying by 3% then subtracting the 3% from the gross My problem comes in when Excel looks at the number as having more than one...

Stop Excel from Rounding [ 1 Answers ]

I have created a Timesheet spreadsheet, in Excel, that calulates the amount of time between to manually entered times. This is the formula I am using =IF((OR(D8="";B8=""));0;IF((D8<B8);((D8-B8)*24)+24;(D8-B8)*24)) The formula works very well and does return the corrent amount of elapsed...

Rounding numbers to specific criteria [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am working on spreadsheets with values that I want to be able to round up based on this criteria: If the number ends in 0,1,2, then round to nearest 0 If the number ends in 3,4,5, then round to nearest 5 If the number ends in 6,7,8,9 then round to nearest 9 The spreadsheet contains...

Excel rounding [ 1 Answers ]

ELATHAM How do I keep Excel from Rounding off. When it rounds off it makes my final totals wrong. My figures need to balance right to the penny. Thank you, Estrella

View more questions Search