Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Happytoknow Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2013, 08:25 AM
    PS I'm in Arkansas for those needing area info...
    Susan2458 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2013, 06:33 AM
    I've had body lice. They do not live in clothes or bedding. They stick to the thicker hairs on your body, like eyebrows and private parts. What you're describing sounds like bed bugs, which are extremely hard to get rid of. One tell-tale sign of bed bugs is their biting pattern. They bite 3 times in a line. If that's what you're seeing, hire an exterminator.

Apr 18, 2013, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2458 View Post
    I've had body lice. They do not live in clothes or bedding. They stick to the thicker hairs on your body, like eyebrows and private parts. What you're describing sounds like bed bugs, which are extremely hard to get rid of. One tell-tale sign of bed bugs is their biting pattern. They bite 3 times in a line. If that's what you're seeing, hire an exterminator.
    Crabs and head lice live on hair and in those areas "body" lice lay eggs in seams of clothing... Bedding etc like bed bugs but so tiny they are rarely seen... Head lice, body lice and crabs are all different none of them are the same bug... They have different life spans and live differently on and around the body. And scabies are completely different from any of those.
    There is plenty of information on all of them... Btw, everyone raid makes a black can says it kills bed bugs and fleas... Worked for whatever was biting me... Every 2 days I spray bed and carpet and wash sheets daily... No bites in weeks... I did not have bed bugs though... For the record... "body" lice biting patterns are worse along lines where seams in clothing lay against your body and they infest everything spray your vehicle and clothing seams before you wash them... Wash bath mats and towels daily! With diligence you can stop them at first itch I alcohol clothing seams and body near the itch site... It works I promise...
    Choosebetter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 06:05 PM
    I have never been expose to this crap, until I moved to a large Midwestern city. It had happen to me by being close to three different men at three different times; and I had considered a long courtship with each of them at different times in my life. But, out of the several guys I had been out with- these three stood out, in a very unforgiving way. I was close to them, just once and it was obvious, as I began to itch on my arms and legs, and soon all over... YUCK!! I was lucky to rid of the body lice all three times, after a lot of hard work of cleaning-massively every two days, wrapping everything and spraying and sealing almost all items in their containments. Paying for a bug company to come and spray in my house and in my car (OMG!)... just to get a good nights rest. Everyone I knew were always asking me why I chose to be alone(?)... because it is too expensive and irritating, when people don't take care of themselves, their animals, or mind where they sit or sleep- like in a infested establishment or "cheap" hotels. I hope everyone gets better... sometimes it just does not pay to be nice; you end up paying more... like the people who said they just wanted to burn everything they owned or the ones going mad... shower with body lice shampoo... wash, seal, and spray everything... Be mindful of others- ARE THEY SCRATCHING OR ACTING LIKE THEY ARE INFESTED?

One thing I would like to add though about itching... My dad had bad kidneys and were only functioning about 25% together. They could not get rid of the free radicals that they are suppose to do, through urination; after being filtered. My father was itching so bad that he called me and I had to pick him up a few states away. He said he had gone to several doctors in the area-where he lived and they said there was nothing wrong with him. When I brought him to one of the best hospitals in the Midwest, they immediately checked his kidney functions and they were failing him. He had to go on dialysis for about 3-4 years, and most recently received a kidney transplant and is doing so much better. That first night I had taken him to the emergency room, they gave him dialysis and he was immediately better.

I hope you all get better...

Jun 18, 2013, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choosebetter View Post
    I have never been expose to this crap, until I moved to a large Midwestern city. It had happen to me by being close to three different men at three different times; and I had considered a long courtship with each of them at different times in my life. But, out of the several guys I had been out with- these three stood out, in a very unforgiving way. I was close to them, just once and it was obvious, as I began to itch on my arms and legs, and soon all over...YUCK!!!! I was lucky to rid of the body lice all three times, after a lot of hard work of cleaning-massively every two days, wrapping everything and spraying and sealing almost all items in their containments. Paying for a bug company to come and spray in my house and in my car (OMG!)...just to get a good nights rest. Everyone I knew were always asking me why I chose to be alone(?)...because it is too expensive and irritating, when people don't take care of themselves, their animals, or mind where they sit or sleep- like in a infested establishment or "cheap" hotels. I hope everyone gets better...sometimes it just does not pay to be nice; you end up paying more...like the people who said they just wanted to burn everything they owned or the ones going mad...shower with body lice shampoo...wash, seal, and spray everything...Be mindful of others- ARE THEY SCRATCHING OR ACTING LIKE THEY ARE INFESTED?

One thing I would like to add though about itching...My dad had bad kidneys and were only functioning about 25% together. They could not get rid of the free radicals that they are suppose to do, thru urination; after being filtered. My father was itching so bad that he called me and I had to pick him up a few states away. He said he had gone to several doctors in the area-where he lived and they said there was nothing wrong with him. When I brought him to one of the best hospitals in the Midwest, they immediately checked his kidney functions and they were failing him. He had to go on dialysis for about 3-4 years, and most recently received a kidney transplant and is doing so much better. That first night I had taken him to the emergency room, they gave him dialysis and he was immediately better.

I hope you all get better....
    You're right it's miserable... And yes kidney problems will also cause itching... Some people also carry them without itching because they are immune to the bites. Someone who wasn't itching brought them in to my house. Your right you don't want to even get around someone after you get these in your home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of lice? [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter has had lice for about 3 weeks now. Every couple of days I pull them all out of her hair, wash everything and vacuum the floor, with a clean bag. And Still they keep coming back. I am sure the source is at her school but they refuse to do anything, including checking other children. I...

Lice from Parakeets [ 1 Answers ]

My baby's moma is in at me about my son having head lice. I don't have lice. My other kids don't have lice. My fiancé don't have lice. I do however have parakeets. Can they have the same lice that is tranmittable to humans? Also is it true that black people don't get lice?

When dealing with longhair and Lice [ 7 Answers ]

:eek: :eek: I have a problem. I love having long hair.I just do.Okay, but then I work out and it gets sweaty, and then somehow I get lice:eek: .But then I cut it short and I don't.Right now it is short, but I want to know ANY WAYS that you know of to prevent or get rid of lice while having long...

Head lice [ 11 Answers ]

I had lice and my head itched like crazy and I felt crawling. So then my mom put mannayoise in my hair and suffacated all of them. They all came out but my head still itches... but no crawling and I don't think I have lice anymore. But the itching is my question. Am I just getting over the bites?...

Guineapig Lice - Seriousness [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I acquired a 2 and a half year old guinea pig who's sister had died. I was initially worried she had a parasite infestation and today after checking her over I can confirm she has static lice. I am obtaining some insecticidal shampoo immediately but I fear this is the reason why her...

View more questions Search