Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carlos_Luis Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2006, 07:45 AM
    E-Mails
    I need yor help. Every week I send close to 1200 E-mails to a church group and it takes me three days to do it. Yahoo only allows 99 members groups lists and only five groups per day. Is it there a faster and easiest way to do this work? Thanks. Carlos Luis
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 07:54 AM
    There are a number of free mailing list services out there. Trouble is, most of them will have a limit of how many people you can send to (e.g. 1,000). Try this one: http://www.freelists.org/ . They were free and didn't seem to have a limit.

If you are willing to pay, then I also came across this one: http://www.yourmailinglistprovider.com/ . They do a free & premium version. The free can't take more than 1,000 subscrivers though. The premium version would cost $15 every quarter (3 months) and could handle 1,000 - 2,500 subscribers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2006, 09:33 AM
    Does your church have an e-mail account? Free services will limit such things due to spam.

Another thing to consider is using a free Yahooo Group. You may be able to send a notification to the whole group at once. You can also use it as a calendar to list events. And you can post files like PDFs newsletters for participants to download. Or photo albums of group events.

You can restrict membership to only those people you allow.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Hi, Carlos,
    Since another answer mentioned Yahoo Groups, I will add this.
    My wife is a founder (now with 3 moderators) of a Yahoo Group. She said she doesn't think there is a limit to the number of members in a Group.
    The only way a Yahoo Group would work for sending out your number of emails is this:
    You could set up a Yahoo Group, with you as founder, and have it "unlisted" or "restricted". By using "restricted", no other person could join unless you invite them.
    You then send out inviations to all members of your church group to join. They then, with a Yahoo ID, could join the Group.
    After all have joined, you could then put each member on your auto email list, sending emails to all at once.
    The only way this would work is if every member of you church group wanted to join! And, have a Yahoo ID.
    I do wish you the best of luck. Emails by this method do work very well in my wife's Group.
    Carlos_Luis Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Thanks a lot. It's a great
    Carlos Luis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife e-mails and chats w/ ex boyfriend [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first time posting here, and I feel a little silly about it. My wife and I have been married a little over 4 years, but we have recently had a problem. Her ex-boyfriend called her up. He had been searching for her ever since hurricane Katrina(she lived in New Orleans before). I...

Cannot Print E-mails [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone. This is not a new subject, but one that is close to my heart :( I work with Windows XP SP2, IE6 and OE6. I think my system is updated etc.. etc... but here is my problem. Recently when I try to print my e-mails in OE6, I keep getting an error message; 'An error has occurred in...

Thanks for the E-mails [ 8 Answers ]

This is another I copied and pasted, I just thought it was cute since I have had all of these. THANKS I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing. Also, now I have...

I Am Not Receiving Mails In My Yahoo Account [ 14 Answers ]

HI GUYS, I will be very grateful if someone can help me solve my problem. I have a Yahoo acount and I am sending mails from my other account to my Yahoo account and I am not receiving any mails. I also tried using the account to send out mails and it is not sending nor receiving mails. I relly...

Saving e-mails [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening all. I wonder if any of you good people can help me again. In my Hotmail account I have created a folder, and I save an e-mail in it each day. Is there any way I can "Burn" them to a disc? Would I have to save each one individually? Thanks in advance. Davidofgrimsby.

View more questions Search