Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markbcain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Can creditors sue
    Can creditors sue you for non payment in the state of Texas? I had heard that they cant.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Yes, you can be sued in Texas.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by markbcain
    Can creditors sue you for non payment in the state of Texas? I had heard that they cant.
    Welcome to AMHD. Just curious: non payment of what?
    RedneckMama Posts: 103, Reputation: 17

Jun 21, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Without knowing the particular laws of Texas, I'm going to assume yes... or everyone who defaulted on a credit card would be moving to Texas...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Yes, they may sue and get a judgement, there are some limitations on what they can do to collect

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I tell Creditors I Can't Pay Them [ 1 Answers ]

Exactly how do I tell creditors I can't pay them. Do not want to file bankruptcy. Don't have money to pay everyone. Only 30 days behind on some, about 45 on others. Do I make calls or write letters to each creditor:(

Harassing creditors [ 4 Answers ]

I recently have a collection agency calling me, first of all I had posted a resume on monster and career builder and listed a friend's business as a reference. They first starting calling him looking for me at that #. When I called them back I had told them the date which I was going to pay in...

Being sued by one of the creditors ven [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Sharon Harrison and I am enrolled in an debt settlement program with able debt settlement inc. On August 1st I receive a summons to go to court Sept 4th of this year from one of the creditors that refuses to cooperate with my program or acknowledge the power of attorney that I have...

Payments to creditors [ 3 Answers ]

How do you set up payments with a credit card compay like Citibank when they sue you?

Creditors [ 2 Answers ]

My car was impounded in Washington state. I offered to give the towing company my title for the car, they said that I still have to pay for it staying in the garage even though they had they title. Before they said this they sent me a letter saying they were going to sell it. How can the charge me...

View more questions Search