Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SAMBAGGER007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 10:52 AM
    RTVSCAN use up too much CPU resource
    Why does RTVSCAN use up so much CPU resource and how can it be turned off?:mad:
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 11:01 AM
    That process is undoubtedly from your anti-virus program. Is it Norton AV?
    Some AV programs are resource hogs, but I happen to like AVG, which seems to run okay on my underpowered PCs.
    They have a version that is free for home use.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH
    son0fhobs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 01:16 PM
    It is your antivirus protection. It scans every file that comes into your computer, and deals with malicious software. I suggest you keep it running, but I'm not sure how to minimize it's memory consumption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Human resource [ 4 Answers ]

My manager is salaried. He had one day off to take his wife for a surgery. After that, two days, he came to work for half day. I paid him full for the two half days. But not paying his whole day off. He is objected not to be paid for the whole day off due to his salaried and he worked...

RTVSCAN and SVCHOST are using 100% of CPU usage how can we stop this process [ 8 Answers ]

RTVSCAN and SVCHOST are using 100% of CPU usage how can we stop this process so that the computer works fine.

Rtvscan runs constantly. [ 3 Answers ]

I have SAV 10 Corporate edition on my site.the Rtvscan run all the time on the pc's. It that OK?

Why does RTVSCAN use up so much CPU resource and how can it be turned off? [ 1 Answers ]

I was an IT Manager in last job - now just program manager. But peers still come to me for help when they hear you were an "expert". Why does RTVSCAN use up so much CPU resource? How can it be turned off?

How to stop Rtvscan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is there any way to stop Symantec corporate edition 10.0 's Rtvscan background process in Win XP/2000?

View more questions Search