Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamayh37 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2006, 08:08 PM
    Flash Player 8'
    Every time I go to my mail receiving, mail sent, etc. I get this yellow pop up bar and the noise as well as it is annoying! On this bar is-- This site may require the following Active X control: 'Flash Player8' from 'macromedia,Inc. click here to install Does anyone know how to get rid of it my pop up blocker is on. :confused: thanks
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 01:51 AM
    You have a choice:

• Click the yellow bar and install Flash player 8.
    • Disable ActiveX

The 2nd one really isn't an option as it will stop important sites such as Windows Update from working properly. So just install the Flash player. It will take 2 seconds and will allow you to see the animations that are on the site you are visiting.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 05:49 AM
    HI,
    I agree with the answer before mine.
    Why wouldn't you want to install it? Is there some reason you don't want it?
    It's not advertising or spyware. Install it, and you will be able to see much more at many different sites.
    It's an upgrade that is normally required, just like other upgrades or patches.
    Best of luck.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 06:58 AM
    Just wanted to add you did the right thing about asking :) Most people would just see that box and click yes to shut it up - regardless of if they had heard of it or not. So well done for asking :D It's the best way to stay safe.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2006, 07:30 AM
    HI,
    I agree with asking; anything!
    I sent you a Private Message.
    nice_man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Comment on LTheobald's post
    Because I want to be helpful to the site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

Flash player 9 doesn't play my movie [ 5 Answers ]

When I upgrade flash player to version 9, IE no longer play my file. Is there any restriction in flash player 9? This is the url of my flash file http://www.vimeco.com/images/flash/wmodebanner.swf It's the banner of my website http://www.vimeco.com Thanks for reading my question!

Flash ActionScript [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a flash movie. So far I'm able to create the buttons and play the sceens. Unfortunately, I need the user to click on the button which takes me to frame 2, but I need it to stop on frame 15, yet it keeps playing the scene until frame 85 which is the last frame. I have some course...

Flash [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone point me to a website that explains flash, easy to run through tutorials, etc. Found a few sites but they generally want me to pay before I can get too far and realise the potential. I have done a few websites and realised that limitations of HTML and Javascripts.

Flash Mx [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am using flash mx and I am having difficulty using it. Could you please recommend a tutorial that is easy to follow. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search