Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hnsolom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 02:15 AM
    I might be depressed
    I have recently had a run of bad luck, my 16 yr old was in lotz of trouble and I have had 2 DUI's in 2 1/2 years, 4 deaths in the family, and maybe I have cancer and my boyfriend left me. I want to know what I can do to try to get out of the depression I think I'm getting onto:confused:
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 03:05 AM
    I'm so sorry to hear what you are having to go through. I don't think you can get through this alone. I believe you need to see a professional therapist. Also talk to your family physician about this. Don't let it go to long, or it can really eat you up, and cause further physical health problems. If you do have cancer, and I'll pray for you if you do, a positive attitude, and outlook is necessary to aid in your treatment.

You have a lot to deal with, and you really need to find someone who specializes in depression and grief counselling. I wish I could be of more help, but I think you need to talk to a professional to deal with your feelings.

Good luck to you, and God Bless! I'll say a prayer for you okay?!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 09:51 AM
    I think you would benefit a great deal from a 12 Step Program for Alcoholics... for sure you can't handle your problems if you are drinking.

Best wises,
    Laura321 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jun 24, 2008, 03:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hnsolom
    I have recently had a run of bad luck, my 16 yr old was in lotz of trouble and I have had 2 DUI's in 2 1/2 years, 4 deaths in the family, and maybe I have cancer and my boyfriend left me. I want to know what I can do to try to get out of the depression I think I'm getting onto:confused:
    You have had some bad experiences which even the strongest of us can be hard to deal with. However I am not qualified but can relate with your experiences. When so many difficult things arise an escalation of negative feelings can make you feel depressed. But you have coped whether you realise it or not. Life is difficult but coping is harder. How we cope sometimes requires help. Don't be so hard on yourself. Begin by taking the help that is available to you!! A start would be dealing with your drinking habits! Alcohol will only make you feel worse.. I know I went down that road too. But only after dealing with my drinking habits was I able to wake up and begin the road to recovery. So take that step and take control of your life again... It can happen if you let it!! Much respect to you for posting your question and already realising you want to begin!! Xxxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

14 and very depressed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 14 years old, my entire life I was bullied and teased on because of my moms mental disability. I didn't have the normal childhood, because I was separated from my parents a lot. My elementary years we're teriable, I lost my best friend because of his traggic death, and I was madly depressed...

I'm really depressed [ 9 Answers ]

I have had depression on and off since I was about 15.. when I was a teenager I was diagnosed with manic depression and was prescribed to 3 prozacs a day. It really helped me for a long time and eventually I stopped taking them. Every once in a while I would feel sad and depressed and cut myself. I...

Depressed [ 6 Answers ]

Am I going crazy? Or am I just plain depressed? Why don't I feel happy? Why am I yelling and hurting my boyfriend who is so loving at me? Why can't I control my tears? I'm desperate for a break through. I feel helpless towards my condition. Why am I turning down so many good job offers? I...

Depressed Dog [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my puppy ever since she was 4 months old. Now she is almost about to turn 7 months. Before she used to be happy and playful and was always energetic, but now All she does is sit around or sleep and she always sighs. She still does eat and play Sometimes but she seems really upset and...

View more questions Search