Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    habeebee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 11:43 PM
    December 21, 2012
    What Will More Than Likely Happen On December 21 , 2012 At 11:11 A.m... according To Nostradomus , The Mayan Calender , Edgar Casey , Albert Einsteins Bee Disapearance Statement And The Bible We Have Transformation Of Our World ,what Do You Think... habeebee
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 20, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Probably the same as all the other "End of the World" predictions, absolutely NOTHING.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 02:00 AM
    These are only predictions and so not very reliable.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 02:40 AM
    Nostradamus predicted nothing that will happen on that day, Einstein predicted nothing that will happen on that day, The bible predicts nothing that will happen on that day and the Mayan calender predicts nothing that will happen on that day. So I'm going with nothing.

I don't know what Cayce predicted on that day, but I would guess nothing too.
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 02:46 AM
    OK thanks for the precisions capuchin!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 09:17 AM
    No one can accurately predict the moment of even one person's death, how can anyone predict the exact date of the end of the world.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 09:53 AM
    If you look at some of the science that accompanies this prediction, there may be something to it.

The event referred to as the Galactic Alignment happens only every 26,000 years.

Unfortunately, there is no record of the last time this event happened.

The Mayan's were not the only ones to make reference to this event, there are references to it in Hopi myths, the I-Ching, Aztec writings, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Roman Oracles, writing of Seneca Elders, the chief Shaman of the Cherokee Tribe in NC, Nostradamus, even the writings of the Russian mathematician Sergey Semlyakov of Khartov University
    Taking the constant Phi (1.1680339), the so called Golden Mean or the Fibonacci sequence, and applying it to solar activity and planetary orbits, found that everything seemed to spiral in on itself on December 21, 2012 implying a time of implosion or point of bifurcation.

Even NASA predicts that a terrific solar storm will hit the earth in 2012 and they report that it will be 30 to 50 percent greater than anything ever before.

Finally, the planet Venus is set to take a path across the face of the sun on December 21, 2012 which happens very infrequently. It did happen recently, however, on June 8, 2004 which means that it will happen again in only 8 years, which is very unusual, but was also predicted by the Mayans.

No one can really say what the results of all these events happening on that date will be, but with the history of them being mentioned, so far back in time, I'd say to just completely dismiss them as garbage without any possibility that "something" may occur, would be nieve at best.

Edited to include this afterthought: With the current situation in the world today, I believe it will be Man that causes the end of our own existence, and the chance that this could happen before 2012 are probably pretty darn good.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Wow and I thought that all that was going to happen was the space aliens would come though the time/space vortex and destroy the earth.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    If you look at some of the science that accompanies this prediction, there may be something to it.
    WOw! Thank you for the information.. couldnt rate you though:)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 21, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by habeebee
    What Will More Than Likely Happen On December 21 , 2012 At 11:11 A.m
    If that is a Sunday : I normally sleep at that time still, or read a book.
    Maybe I should put the alarm on earlier, get a cup of tea for the misses and myself, have sex, call the kids to say hello. But what do I do the entire afternoon ?

:D
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2008, 03:51 AM
    Thanks for the info progunr! Didn't think that so many of unusual things could actually happen!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Sorry Progunr - too much hokum, not enough science. Citing astrologers like Sergey Smelyakov doesn't add any credence. Nor does citing Nostradamus. Some specifc problems with your post:

Even NASA predicts that a terrific solar storm will hit the earth in 2012 and they report that it will be 30 to 50 percent greater than anything ever before.
    Source please? There are predictions that the next maximum of solare activity may produce more than the usual number of susnpots, and hence a higher level of solar activity compared to the last maximum. However, there are disagrements as to whether that will occur in 2011 or 2012. I see no one of any repute specifically claiming to predict what the sloar activitry will be like precisely oinb Dec 21, 2012. See: NASA - Solar Storm Warning

the planet Venus is set to take a path across the face of the sun on December 21, 2012 which happens very infrequently. It did happen recently, however, on June 8, 2004 which means that it will happen again in only 8 years, which is very unusual, but was also predicted by the Mayans.
    The next transit of Venus across the Sun will take place on June 6, 2012, not Dec 21. The last transit did indeed occur in 2004. However, the 8-year interval between transits is not at all unusual - the typical pattern is for Venus to transit twice in an 8-year period followed by a hundred years or so before the next pair of transits. Thus the last 6 transits prior to the 2004 event were in the years 1631, 1639, 1761, 1769, 1874, and 1882. See:
    NASA - 2004 and 2012 Transits of Venus

No one can really say what the results of all these events happening on that date will be, but with the history of them being mentioned, so far back in time, I'd say to just completely dismiss them as garbage without any possibility that "something" may occur, would be nieve at best.
    Actually, the great galactic alignment started in 1998, so if something is going to occur it seems we already missed it. It will reach its midpoint in 2016, not 2012, and will be complete in 2034. So in the end there is no science at all to accompany predictions of what may occur on Dec 21, 2012.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2008, 03:46 AM
    Ah, most of the info provided by progunr are false then?? Lol, thanks ebaines for the precisions!
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jul 1, 2008, 09:11 PM
    I'll put in my 2 cents... All I know is that Jesus said that NO MAN shall know the exact day or hour that he will return... not even the ANGELS.

I'll trust that information! :)
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 9, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by habeebee
    What Will More Than Likely Happen On December 21 , 2012 At 11:11 A.m..........according To Nostradomus , The Mayan Calender , Edgar Casey , Albert Einsteins Bee Disapearance Statment And The Bible We Have Transformation Of Our World ,what Do You Think..........habeebee
    I never heard the time of 11:11am. It would have made more sense to have it at 12:21am. If 11:11am is the case, I will go outside, look up at the sky with arms wide open... If nothing happens, I will go take advantage of the Wal-Mart 11:12am sale that will no dought be advertised. The savings on last minute X-mas items will be fantastic!
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwild62
    It would have made more sense to have it at 12:21am.
    I think you have a warped view of what makes sense. :rolleyes:
    jrwild62 Posts: 111, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 9, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I think you have a warped view of what makes sense. :rolleyes:
    With all due respect, I can return that comment.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwild62
    With all due respect, I can return that comment.
    I'd rather you explain why 12:21 makes more sense.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I'd rather you explain why 12:21 makes more sense.
    December 21; 12/21; 12:21

You're across the pond, so I guess it doesn't work for you. :)
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    December 21; 12/21; 12:21

You're across the pond, so I guess it doesn't work for you. :)
    I get it, but how does that make more sense?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will the world end in 2012 [ 17 Answers ]

So I was watching a show today and they were talking about the Mayan calendar and how it ends in 2012. It stated that when the calender ends the world would end. They even gave the that of Dec 22 2012. It goes on to say that The Mayan people were genuises. They knew what would happen on the sun...

Ancient mayan calendar end date in 2012 [ 57 Answers ]

During the last year I kept stumbling upon information regarding 2012, more specifically the 21st of December 2012 (12/21/12) and have become very interested in what the ancient Mayans knew surrounding this upcoming event for Earth and the Uinverse and the Universal beings here awaiting this event....

Mayans say 2012 is end of world [ 16 Answers ]

I dotn know the full story but does anyone believe this? I find it scary They said December 21 2012 the world was going to end... let's discuss this ^.^

2012 end of world [ 18 Answers ]

The maya had this belief that they could tell time using a 13 moon counting system and they said that time would end on 21 of December of 2012 now then if you believe this then please put down why you think this if you don't believe like me then put down how and why I think this is fasanating to...

View more questions Search