Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valeriealm Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Puppy not playful?
    My 2 month old puppy is not playful at all we try to play with her. All she does is eat and sleep
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 09:00 PM
    She is only 8 weeks old give her some time. She's a wee baby.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 21, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Think of your fur babe as a 2 month old human baby. All they really do is eat and sleep too! Give her time to bond with you. She is also probably missing her momma and the litter. Don't get anxious, she will start playing with you when she feels safe.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Jun 23, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Is she eating well? When she is awake does she seem alert and interested in her surroundings? Has she been dewormed?
    Parasites and low blood sugar (especially common in small breeds) can zap a puppy's strength and cause excessive sleeping.
    If all these bases have been covered, I agree with the folks above--the puppy is a little overwhelmed by all the new things and she should come around to normal activity before long.
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Jun 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
    If she's healthy and calm, I wouldn't purposely try to rile her up unless you want to end up with an overexcited mutt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy bites when being playful [ 6 Answers ]

My niece has a 6 month old Dashund. She's had her 3 weeks now. When my niece is on the floor wrestling with her 2yr & 4yr daughter, the puppy joins in & tries to bite the 4 yr old. My Niece tried to prevent it & she was bitten. The puppy never bothers the 2 yr old, but is Always playing with...

Playful kitten? [ 2 Answers ]

We recently adopted a new kitten. She is very playful, but while playing with her, she likes to claw and bite. The biting doesn't hurt, its just a little nibble. Is this behavior OK or will it cause problems later when she gets older? Also, when she is in a playful mood she doesn't like to be...

Playful but mean puppy! [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've asked a lot of questions about my new puppy but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing, I do not want to raise a disrespectful puppy. Callie is 8 weeks old now and she has really come out of her shell. She used to hide in corners and under blankets to avoid socializing. ...

Puppy is not playful [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone We just got a lab puppy the other day. She is 16 weeks old. I am having a few problems with her. First I thought labs were suppose to be playful. She loves to sleep. Don't get me wrong when she is up she loves to play with us but after about a 1/2 hour to an hour she is out...

View more questions Search