Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahawaj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Can a father loose custidy if his not the biological father?
    My husband has a 5 year old with son with a girl he had a thing with. She loved him and therefor she got pregnant and told him the child was his. She put him trough the ringer cause she wanted to be with and she realized he was never going to be with her she signed her rights to the child away. Her mother tried to get guardienship of him but because he had a father on the birth certificate, my husband was contacted and given custidy. Last year after speculation that the kid wasn't his we took a dna test and it was true. So he spoke to the grandmother and his not mine I think you should help out but that did not work out beacause the kid was not taken care of . Days of visit would result him losing weiht, he would come back with nasty matters, they would put things in his head which would problems so we stop it .this went on for 2years finally we cut her out of his life. Now she is using all the information he shared with her by suing him for custiding claming he is not his father and we have refused to let her see her grand son all these years.
    Can he loose custidy of that bay since he is not the boy's biological father?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 08:54 PM
    In almost all US states, he will have no legal claim what so ever and will always loose to a real bio parent. There are a couple states that if after a certain number of years, paternity can not be challenged if listed on birth cerficate. You need a lawyer fast. While not moral, if you did a DNA test no one should have ever been told if you did not want to lose the child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My biological Father [ 14 Answers ]

I need to find my biological father. I haven't seen him since I was about 2years old. I have very little information to go on, and I have tried sited like genesreunited etc and Im getting nowhere, I need help to find him and I need it fast, can anyone give me advice on how to do it.

How to tell that the father is not the biological father [ 30 Answers ]

Hello! I am new here and I beg you for your pardon if it is not the right place for my post! I'm writing on behalf of my sister who has a 10 yr. old son by accident. She was sleeping with 2 different men at the same time and became pregnant. She was relatively sure of who the father was and he...

Who is my biological father [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find my real father. What is his name and where is he?

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

Looking for biological father [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about finding my biological father after I was adopted? When I was four my mom's current husband adopted me, therefor my name changed to his last name. My birth certificate shows that name. I do not know my real father's name or any other info. I only know my mother's info. Any ideas?

View more questions Search