Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 16, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Air Force Retirement question
    Is there an addendum for a spouse drawing retirement after a divorce? After re-marriage?
    Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    keenu
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 16, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Your best bet is to call your MPF. They are up to date on all the latest regulations and are the ones with the authoritative source of information. If you feel uncomfortable asking them these questions (which you shouldn't) then perhaps you can check with the base IG. The IG is most often used for advice and not necessarily for complaints.

Also you can check any and all retirement related AFI's, Regs, DoD docs on the AFPDL side.

Now, if YOU are the spouse in question then I would also start with the MFP. They should be impartial. You can also check with the AFPDL (http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/) as well.

Hope that helps.

Casey
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 16, 2006, 04:42 PM
    Oh, thank you so much! I was asking for a friend, she didn't know where to start. I'll let her know.
    genarorc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 04:57 PM
    I am a US citizen resident in New Zealand. I have applied for a job with the New Zealand Defense Force (Doctor, Emergency / Trauma Specilaist). Because I was formerly a USAF officer (B-52 pilot - left active service in 1976) I have been asked to inquire whether I need permission from the US military to work for the New Zealand Defense Force. Could you advise.
    normaroberts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2011, 02:25 PM
    After my exhusband is deceased can I draw any of his Air Force Retirement? We were married almost 25 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Retirement investment question [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse and I are doing some retirement planning and we need to compare the financial difference between drawing out payments from one of the following two investment scenarios. 1. Investing a lump sum $400,000 into a conservative retirement portfolio at age 65 and drawing off the investment...

Reduction in force(Discrimination)? [ 6 Answers ]

I was told by my employer to search for another job in a conversation about a month ago. No documentation or reason why I should... just that I should search. Next I am given a written counseling stating I failed to meet a deadline and told my employment would end in 2weeks as a "reduction in...

Centrifugal force [ 6 Answers ]

Why is centrifugal force called pseudoforce?

View more questions Search