Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    war_animal Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jun 20, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Secondary panel from main panel electric
    Can I use a number @2 aluminum ser 4 wires for a 100 amp sub panel?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 05:45 AM
    I do.
    Some areas do not allow this, many do. If your area does not allow it you can use it and use a 90A breaker. You'll NEVER trip it anyway.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Jun 21, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I agree with Stan----using T.310.15(B)(6) should be fine based on your install. Yet, it doesn't hurt to check with your local AHJ (Example of AHJ: Electrical inspector).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker size in main panel to support sub panel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring a sub-panel to the outside of my home (50 feet from main 200 amp box). I ran 3 wire - 6 gauge. What is the largest 2 pole breaker I can put in the main panel to supply the sub-panel. TYPE NM-B 6-3 WITH GROUND 600 VOLTS CIRTEX-I EZ-STRIP (R) PLUS 17:11 2/5/07 SB/RC ...

Connecting main panel to sub-panel? [ 1 Answers ]

I have my sub-panel for my workshop all set up, plugs & lites all wired in. The workshop isn't attached to the house & I was wondering what the best way was to connect from the main panel in the house to the sub-panel in the workshop?

Adding main electric panel in multi-family house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just but a two-family (two levels) house in Gibbstown, NJ. The house only has one main circuit breaker panel feeding both apartments. My plan is to live in one unit and rent the other unit. Currently the house only has one electric power meter and one circuit breaker box. The meter...

Main panel and sub panel breakers [ 1 Answers ]

I inspected a sub panel fed with a number 4 copper cable. The main panel breaker was a 90 amp breaker, but the sub panel breaker was a 100 amp breaker. Is this OK?

Main Circuit Panel to Branch Panel? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello experts, OK... My Main Load center in my home has a branch circuit connected to a 60 amp breaker. The branch feed wire is a 4awg copper wire. The branch panel is downstairs and it has a 100amp main cutoff breaker installed in it. It feeds the whole downstairs including... (1)...

View more questions Search