Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tucoquito Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Constant debt-equity ratio
    Merrillan Motors had earnings of $8 million last year. It made $5 million on investment in projects with positive net present values. Pat Collins owns 20% of the firm’s common stock. Assume that Pat desires no change in proportional ownership of Merrillan and the firm wishes to maintain a constant debt-equity ratio.

What will be Pat’s action in response to

a. Merrillan’s paying out dividends of $5 million?

b. Merrillan’s paying out dividends of $1 million?

c. Merrillan’s paying out dividends of $3 million?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 08:21 PM
    Please see our guidelines in red print at the top of this page on posting homework problems:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial ratio limitations - current ratio and debt to equity [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem which is as follows; Contracts with lenders, such as bonds typically place restrictions on the financial statement ratios. Two commonly used ratios are the current ratio and the debt-to-equity ratio. Why is it that these appear as restrictions, that is, do they protect the...

Debt/ Asset Ratio VS. All-equity Cap Structure [ 3 Answers ]

Hey you, I was hoping someone could help me with this problem... Chitown is a new firm seeking to finance $20 million in assets. It is considering a 40 percent deb/ asset ratio vs. an all equity capital structure. New debt will carry interest charges of 12 percent and new shares can be sold for...

View more questions Search