Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkmmenzies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Thermostat 24vac
    Should you be able to read 24vac between the red wire and any other colour wire?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 20, 2008, 03:59 PM
    That all depends on the type of thermostat and it's circuitry.
    What type and brand of thermostat, and which system are you referring to ?
    jkmmenzies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 09:15 AM
    I wish I knew all those answers. It is a digital thermostat on a forced air gas type furnace installed in 2000. The thermostat has contacts marked RH, RC, W, Y, G. The red wire goes to RH and RC. The blower is permanently on. It can only be shut off by the switching off the furnace.

Can't get it to blow hot or cold. If you have any ideas I would relly appreciate it.

Thanks for answering.

Jim Menzies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Thermostat turns on furnace and then thermostat shuts back to HOLD [ 7 Answers ]

I believe that when we re-run the program with the correct date and time, if the temp has to go up, the furnace runs until it gets the appropriate temp, then it turns off and when it does that, the thermostat also turns off going to the HOLD state.:confused:

Grounding secondary on 24vac transformer [ 14 Answers ]

On a York air handler, I have a 60hz, 240/208 -> 24vac, 40 va transformer. That's a 2 * 120v primary and (2) 24v outputs. On one of the 24v output terminals, there is a split connector that feeds the thermostat (RC) and strangely grounds(?? ) on the firewall, next to the circuit board, inside...

IN NEED OF SERIOUS HELP w/ 24VAC transformer for furnace [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Well, I did a minor remodel for a business and part of that was to change out the thermostat for one that was a little more appealing to the eye. Did that and a few days later they said that the heater has not been working. At...

View more questions Search