Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stillinluvwitmy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Still in love with my ex
    I was in a relationship with mrs d.. Were not blood related my great grand-mother was his grand mother second cousin. The question we are not related.we were together since dec 07 now he wants end everything. Im still in love with him. His cousins wants him to leave me and they are saying that it is wrong for us to be 2me and they. Because of what his family but not mine are telling he want leave me for good. I ask him for another chance he says me and they it's not going to happen. He also told me that he has feelings for some other girl at work. I'm confused and still love him.

Pelisse reply soon people I need help.
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 20, 2008, 12:59 PM
    I'm going to try to answer your question as best I can. Hopefully I don't misunderstand what you were trying to say in your post. If so, please let me know.

Firstly I want to say that I'm sorry to hear about your broken heart. I know it hurts. I must be honest with you though and say what I'm afraid you might not want to hear. I do think it's best to let this one go. Let me explain my opinion to make it clear for you why I feel that way. Relationships are often complex, full of challenges and tests that one faces while in love with another person. However, sometimes things become too complicated for it to be a healthy, loving relationship. This I'm afraid is what's happening in your case. His cousins have become too involved in a relationship that is not their own and it has possibly caused a problem. The real issue though is this: He is not sticking up for being with you and defending how he feels about you with them. Is that what you really want? A guy who lets other's opinions get in the way of how he feels? They're basically telling him how to feel and he's going right along with it. I must admit however that I strongly suspect there is a lot more to his decision to move on than just his cousins input. Sometimes when we love someone, we want to believe that the relationship is fixable, that there's an easy remedy and we refuse to look at what's really going on. Perhaps he just wasn't happy anymore?

I know it's hard to hear and I truly don't mean to upset you, but you can't make someone feel how you feel, you can't make someone love you - and believe me, you don't even want to try! Why would you settle for a one-sided love affair? Do you not know that you can do better than this? I know you say that you love him and I have no reason to doubt you, but you're only going to continue to hurt yourself if you don't let him go and let yourself heal. The very fact that he says he has feelings for another girl at work lets me know that perhaps he is ready and has moved on, which as difficult as it may be means that you should do the same. Please don't waste your time & energy loving a guy that won't love you back. Your heart will heal, you will love again in time. Just remember this: Time in itself heals nothing but what you do with that time can heal. My advice is to break off contact completely, give yourself some time and space to really consider this very one-sided relationship and see if you truly believe you deserve that? Your answer should be no. Maybe in the future you can resume friendship but for now, I think it's best to remain apart. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this time, but believe me, you will some day find a guy that loves you the same way you love him and it will be worth the wait. I wish you the best & hope your heart heals quickly. Hopefully this advice helps you.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 01:08 PM
    If he told you to move on specially that he already have someone else, move on. It's easier said than done but thats that right thing to do. My first break up took me 2 years to get over. I wake up everyday hurting then. Every heartbreak is painful but we have no choice but to move forward. We can't pin ourselves in hope forever. No words can ever take ur pain away. Be strong. Help urself. Think what u deserve. Avoid contacts. Keep busy. Be productive.Time Heals.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 05:44 PM
    He seems quite clear in what he wants, and its not a relationship with you, so its time to learn how to cope with your feeling,s and deal with them in a positive way, and see reality for what it is. You can't make someone care for you, so its time to leave it alone, and move on.
    RedneckMama Posts: 103, Reputation: 17

Jun 21, 2008, 05:49 PM
    I agree with all above posters... you seem more fixated on WHY he's breaking up with you... mentioning all the people that were badmouthing you to him... but in the end it's HIS decision only...

And there's no denying him telling you he's not interested anymore...

Time to move on now... try your best to forget about him and get interested in things that you enjoy doing yourself..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Real love or puppy love [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if the love I feel for this boy is actually true love. The thing is that I'm only 16 and I have fallen deep for this 17year old boy. We went out for a couple of months and we still talk. He recently told me he still thinks about me and his friend tells me he still likes me. However...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Who sings I love to love you baby [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings I love to love you baby

How could this Happen So fast? Love me and then love another? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi This is my exgirlfriend responses in the last weeks I was with here for 4 years the guy she cheated with and she is still with since November 26 2007, He just inherited a large sum of money almost a half of million his mother died and she gets what ever she needs and wants. He is so good to...

View more questions Search