Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 20, 2008, 08:35 AM
    What kind of tree is this?
    Years ago my father took us to a playground to play on the swings. I remember him lifting me up on his shoulders to grab fruit off a tree that grew on the playground. It was about as big as a red crabapple but was soft like a pear. Not gritty like a pear. Didn't have a big seed in it like a plum. It tasted exactly like those spiced apple rings sold in jars in the grocery store. I went back to the playground now, the trees are no longer there. I have looked through seed catalogs for years but can't identify it I would like to have one for my yard! :o
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 09:05 AM
    California Tropical Fruit Trees

Jun 20, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Oh, I guess I should have said, this was in 1940's in Maryland. But it might be a persimmon like was in your article. Thanks!
    OWhatAThrill Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Were they orange when fully ripe or have a less than desired taste before they were ripend? My parents had a persimmon tree in their yard. I ate a few, the only thing I remember is the "squash, squash" and I stepped on them after they fell to the ground while mowing.

Jul 14, 2008, 10:52 AM
    I only ever ate them when my Dad took us to that playground. It was a couple miles from our house and Mom didn't take us because she didn't drive a car. So they must have been ripe the time we went, maybe late summer
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Contact the playground owner and see if anyone remembers.

Aug 14, 2008, 11:22 AM
    I found my tree! It was a Hawthorn tree related to roses and apples. Can hardly wait to plant myself one.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 11:18 AM

This is actually somewhat funny.

Glad I helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

How to get rid of tree roots after you cut the tree [ 1 Answers ]

We cut down some mesquite trees a few months ago. We would like to know how we could get the stumps to rot away. They are cut ground level. Do you have any suggestions.

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree?

What kind of bug is this? [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a very small, tiny bug crawling aroung near and around the bottom of my tub and it appears to be coming from a small crack or opening at the bottom of the tile on the wall. It is shaped like a tadpole, or cone. The head is wide and round and narrows as it goes back toward the tail....

View more questions Search