Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StephanyM Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 06:39 AM
    PCOS and Getting Pregnant
    Well, I went to my gyno yesterday since my bloodwork and ultrasound results came back since I haven't had a period since march 6th. My doc diagnosed me with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). She basically said that I am lucky I had my 2 year old daughter and it may be hard to conceive again. :( Is it true that PCOS affects your fertility?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanyM
    Well, I went to my gyno yesterday since my bloodwork and ultrasound results came back since I haven't had a period since march 6th. My doc diagnosed me with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). She basically said that I am lucky I had my 2 year old daughter and it may be hard to conceive again. :( Is it true that PCOS affects your fertility?

Yes - from wikipedia - "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (abbreviated PCOS or PCO), also known clinically as Stein-Leventhal syndrome, is an endocrine disorder that affects approximately 10% of all women .[1] It occurs amongst all races and nationalities, is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, and is a leading cause of infertility."
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Check out SoulCysters.com: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Treatment & Resources for tons of info on PCOS. I have PCOS and this is the best website I've found.
    StephanyM Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Thanks, guys!
    Hryals Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Make sure you find a physician that is proactive and educated when it comes to treating PCOS. There are several possible side effects of pcos and every women is different. Infertility is a possibility and the older you get the more difficult in can become. The good news is you have had a child before and you have a better chance in being able to do so again. Good luck, I hope this helps.. Self Educate and Find someone else with PCOS and similar experiences to talk with... This provides comfort in having someone that truly understands.. your feelings
    sleepless night Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanyM View Post
    Yes it sad and true I have been trying or over a year... no luck and have a friend as well who has been on all the meds possiable and nothing so count your blessing with the one you have even though I know it must be hard wanting a another one but at least you got the chance to be pregnant and to be a mom un like me and a whole lot of other girls:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can being on the Depo cause PCOS? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there I am hopeing to get some help. I had a baby in Dec 06 and breastfed her for 6 weeks, after that my periods returned back to normal and I got the Depo Shot in July and was due for another shot in late October. I had a very heavy period in October and never went back for my shot. My...

Pcos [ 6 Answers ]

I had a blood test for poly cystic ovary syndrome a couple of years ago and it came back negative. Now I've got a really bad and embarrassing problem with hair growing on my chin and stuff and I'm only 19 is it possible that I could have developed pcos since the last time I was tested?

I have pcos [ 2 Answers ]

I Have PCOS Can I still get pregnant?and if I can't what is the cheapist fertility drug and can my obgyn give me a prescription for firtility drugs?

Menopause & PCOS [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help with this but here goes; I have PCOS (diagnosed by my Dr). I have a complete lack of periods and have had for some 20yrs now. How will this condition affect my menopause? I've looked at various websites (verity etc) and no-one seems to address it? Any...

PCOS, because, and Pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, so I guess I'll start with the fact that I have been to the doctor about my "No Periods" issue, as stated in another question I have asked, "No periods, Neg Tests." The doctor "thinks" I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). We did multiple tests, Hormone levels, Urine pregnancy tests,...

View more questions Search