Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binayakumar80 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Shared folder
    There are two computers in a network in workgroupe mode. Both are login as administrative user one shared a folder giving full permission the another user on the other computer could not able to acess the folder on the network
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Do both computers see each other
    ?

Check your firewall settings in control panel
    Open firewall and go to the exceptions tab and make sure you have file and print sharing checked
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jun 20, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Make sure the WorkGroup name is the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Combining shared folder and NTFS Permissions [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am studying for the 70-290 exam. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the effective permission(s) when combining shared folder and NTFS permissions? Thank you.

How to find a shared folder [ 12 Answers ]

How do I find the shared folder for a download program?

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Shared vent [ 3 Answers ]

Kitchen sink and bathroom sink are only separated by a stud wall. Both traps drain into 2"waste line at the same height from both sides and at which point also the 2"vent goes up. So the vent is shared by both fixtures. Is that O.K.

Shared Driveway [ 3 Answers ]

We live in Maryland on a shared roadway/driveway--our house is at the very front of the property. There are 6 other residents on the road. We are having a disagreement regarding how the cost of repairing the road should be shared. Because we only have acess to 50% of the road, we think that we...

View more questions Search