Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brillobean Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Am I selfish
    Hello,

I've been dating my friend off and on since December. We took a class together and on the very last day I asked her out, before I had hardly talked to her. We dated for two weeks, she dumped me for someone in another country. There was some time that I did not talk to her, maybe a month or two. Then we started to hang out. We were coffee buddies. Then one day about three weeks ago I told her that I assumed she still likes me and she said that it was blatantly obvious that I still like her. We walked and talked then before we left I kissed her. We have been on a few dates since then, getting dinner and going to museums. I haven't seen her in about a week and a half. We have talked though. Today we were supposed to go on a bike ride at a local state park. She had an issue with a friend that made her really upset and decided not to hang out today. I offered to comfort her. I had my heart on seeing her today and was really upset that I didn't. I miss her and I feel like I'm being selfish and that I have no right to be upset. Am I wrong to be upset?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 09:11 PM
    Huh,

What do you mean she dumped you for somebody in another country. Did you not say you were dating a friend, meaning going out as friends??
    I think you like her way a lot more then she does, but you do not get that yet? That is why you are here right?

You have the right to feel whatever way you feel but if she has something come up you need to give her that space. Especially by the sounds of this friendship that you have.
    walker2323 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Well no not exactly but maybe she's making up the friend thing to avoid you maybe that's how you fell but if she likes you and really does she would want you to be around you'd be the first person she calls and she would want to hang with you cause to here you'd make her happy just being around if she liked you I think she's just messing with your head dragging you along maybe in my opinon id let here go and tell here its not working out and see if she comes back or calls to show she might care I mean she left you for some one else its time for here to chase you not you give in to her let her show she wants u
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Friends don't impose on one another. Early daters... same rule. Calm and accepting, people are who they are and sometimes things happen we didn't plan, messing up plans we DID make. That's just life.

You two are still just friends, friends with a little extra interest in each other. Don't make that simple truth into something needy/clingy/creepy. Friends don't impose unreasonably.

Early daters... same rule.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would it be selfish? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, here's the thing. My girlfriend and I have been going out close to a year. (9 months and twelve days to be exact.) and today is my birthday (I turn 22) and I was wondering if I hypothetically if I were to ask her if she were ready to have sex, would that make me look like "one of those guys"...

Is it selfish? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it selfish to just elope and not invite anyone to the wedding? I like small weddings but if it was up to my fiancé we would have 500+ at the reception/weddings. I can think of a lot of better things to do with that money.

Am I being selfish? [ 14 Answers ]

We've been married for a little over 3 years now (no kids). My wife brings home work to do a lot which takes up the majority of her energy each day. This basically means not much gets done unless I do it. I cook, I clean, I pay the bills, and pretty much do everything else. We've talked about...

Selfish or not? [ 4 Answers ]

A couple weekends ago on Labor Day weekend and my birthday weekend my boyfriend proposed to me and I said yes. We went the whole weekend with being over the moon happy and in love with each other all the more. Monday(Labor Day) we made the trip to his parents to tell them the news and got back...

Selfish, self-centered boyfriend=selfish, self-centered husband [ 6 Answers ]

My husband has done many things to hurt me. To begin, he lied about who he was when we were dating. We were young and in college; he pretended to not smoke, get drunk, and go to church regularly. Thus, we seemed to have so much in common. We talked for hours; he swept me off my feet with...

View more questions Search