Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

Jun 19, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Plywood over gypcrete
    Is there anyway to install plywood over gypcrete? If so, what is the best way possible?

Thanks

Shell
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Gypcrete is a floor leveler so what's under it. Maybe we can tell you more if you tell us how you are planning to finish the room or what you want to install.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 20, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Is the gypcrete 3/4 or 1 1/2" thick ? And why do you need to install plywood over it ? I ask this because we may have an alternative that might be easier or lest costly to do. As ball was trying to find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting Plywood [ 9 Answers ]

I am installing the rest of the plywood flooring on the 2nd floor of our house. I have hit a spot where the existing plywood ends about 6" past the stud so when I install the next piece, they will meet over open space. I want to cut the current piece back to the middle of the last stud but don't...

How much plywood 4x8 to cover 200 sq ft [ 11 Answers ]

contract calls for 200 sqft of sheathing(plywood 4x8 sheets) any thing over that amount, you must call the city. is 200 sq ft(1sq ft= 2.1 linear ft) 400 feet in linear ft. but how many plywood sheets would it take to cover 200 sq feet?

Tiling over plywood [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Thank you for your answers;Clear-Mind-Web &Kstar4u, I can't seem to get my hands on the BC building code. But US code states 1" subfloor. A new problem has arisen about tiling over plywood... I forgot to mention this is also a heated floor which would create a lot more flex with the...

Tiling over plywood [ 2 Answers ]

The bathroom floor to be tiled is 5/8" subfloor with 1/4" ply ontop screwed every 6 inches.Iam trying to convince carpenter that this does not meet code, nor is it a proper base for tiling. I want him to put down hardibacker (1/4") but he has convinced home-owners not necessary. What do I do?...

Question regarding plywood [ 3 Answers ]

I will be installing porcelain tiles in a small bath and want to use 3/4" exterior plywood over the subfloor. I will covering that with Ditra matting. I went to Home Depot and the only 23/32" I could find was "Certified sanded". It looked real nice on the sanded side but it was not tonque and...

View more questions Search