Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cgreer8 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Credit score /new mortgage
    How long does it take for credit score to go back up after a new mortgage?
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Several months or even years of timely payments, if you carry too much debt your score will be around 700 if everything is paid on time, you can still getting new credit but the new creditors probably will want proof of your income before approval

Carl.-
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 08:04 AM
    It really depends on what else happens with your credit.

A mortgage, or installment loan, will produce more points with on time payments, than a credit card or revolving type loan will.

Keep in mind, many other things effect your score as well.

The number of active accounts, any negative items such as collections, charge offs, or judgments will continue to pull the score down, even as you are adding the positive points.
    In addition, your balances in relation to your available credit are included in the scoring as well.

If you have any negative items, work on getting those cleared up too, while making every mortgage payment on time, and your score will be moving in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Counseling bad for credit score? [ 4 Answers ]

We've managed to pay our many bills, but it has really been hard. We've thought about a credit counseling service yet were advised that it can hurt your credit as much as bankruptsy does. Recommend or not?

Affects of mortgage on credit score [ 5 Answers ]

I recently refinanced my homw to get a lower interest rate. I noticed that within 2 weeks of the application my credit score had dropped 50 points. Please explain this to me.

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Credit score [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I have a car, which is financed by Chase auto finance. Well I signed up for paymatics. This will deduct money from my checking account every month. I don't know what happened with this "paymatics" that deducted my money, and then it reversed it back to my bank. I had sufficient funds in my...

My brother's credit debt harming my credit score! [ 2 Answers ]

Just some background information- my brother has many, many debts. (he is a lawyer that just never succeeded and has no real work ethic) So he uses my father's credit cards, pays the minimum amount every month, and he basically lives off my father's credit cards for all of his expenses. My brother...

View more questions Search