Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judysburk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Replacing handheld showerhead
    Can I use "any" handheld shower head on an existing Kohler shower ensemble?
    There is a diverter on the main shower head "neck" and it sits on a slide bar.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Theoretically you should be able to use just any hand held showerhead replacement. If it doesn't fit, just take it back hoping you keep the receipt and original packaging. I know of the configuration you are speaking about and it probably has the same male end that every other shower pipe has.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 10:55 PM
    You should be able to install just about any hand-held shower/hose on your existing Kohler set up. Just be careful: the hand-held usually rests in some kind of wall bracket when not in use. Make sure your new hose has one end that fits that bracket's shape / configuration. Otherwise, you will need to replace that bracket too. The incoming water end of your new hose is 1/2" IP and should fit w/o problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Handheld bidet installation [ 3 Answers ]

Were are thinking of installing a hand held bidet for lack of space in the bathroom. The typical installation is to attach it to the water supply to the toilet but since we are in a cold part of the states I was thinking of using a Thermostatic Mixing Valve like the one below. Kohler K-13601. I...

Handheld Germ-Eliminating Light [ 2 Answers ]

Is a Handheld Germ-Eliminating Light the same thing as using a black light on a table top? If not, what is the difference?

Wireless Handheld Devices [ 1 Answers ]

Please give me the List of Wireless Handheld Devices

Diverter for remote handheld shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a large shower and want to include both a standard rainhead and a handheld shower. However, I would like them to be in different locations (I am building a shower bench). What kind of diverter system can I use to control the waterflow from the handheld shower location? Any advice...

Handheld shower leak [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a new rain shower head w/a handheld shower. There's not a lot of pressure from the rain shower but at least it works. The handheld shower is a different story. For some reason, when turned on, the water will not come out. Instead, it sprays out from the back of the handle...

View more questions Search