Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lana90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Should I be angry?
    I met this wonderful guy online had be emailing and texting back and forth for a while like months, we even talked on the phone for a couple of weeks, I liked him a lot he was always sending me emails and text messages asking me how my day was and letting me know he was thinking about me. Well, I finally decided to meet him I went to his home we talked had a good time. On, my way home he called me to see if I was almost home and I told him I would call him when I was safely home. Well, when I got home I called him and he did not answer, so I left a message. 3 days later I have yet to hear from him. I called him on the fourth day and he did not answer and I did not leave a message, I really like this guy but do not want to seem needy, should I call him and express my anger and ask why he has stopped emailing me or why he has not called, I have tried doing some other things to stop thinking about him like a hobby or something but I can't stop thinking about what happened and if it was something that I did. Please help.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 07:03 PM
    You've met him once and is mad that he hasn't called back? It simply sounds as if he's not interested. Meeting people online can be confusing. Not everyone is what you expect from their pictures and text messages. I suggest you get over him. He's probably already over you.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, I'm just trying to be realistic.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 07:06 PM
    After your first meeting, you never heard from him since, what does it tell you? He knows that you're trying to reach him. If he's interested still, he'll make way like he used to. U should not be angry but u have a right to feel bad and it's understandable.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    You've met him once and is mad that he hasn't called back? It simply sounds as if he's not interested. Meeting people online can be confusing. Not everyone is what you expect from their pictures and text messages. I suggest you get over him. He's probably already over you.

I agree, and usually I am a lot more blunt than this, but the only answer is that you received is the right answer. You only met him once. There is not any obligation here.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 07:38 PM
    So Lana, we all agree in the same thing here. One time or another, you/most of us here also rejected a person because he's/they're not ur/our type. That's dating life: Meeting-rejecting-being rejected. Try not to take it personally. There's special out there for you, he just felt you don't have "magic". You will need to find it somewhere else though, who knows maybe a lot better? After months, you will remember this experience as a funny story. Trust me! Right, guys?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 07:45 PM
    Right.

Jun 19, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma

Well, I understand what you are saying and I have come to realize that things like this happens, yes I have met him once and not that it matters, but I feel I have to make a correction. He did send me a text message like two days after we met and since then I have not heard anything since. But, I understand and see where everyone is coming from thanks for the comment.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Why did you not say that in the first place. A text message is contact. What was said in the text message. So your questions was misleading completely if you said you never heard from him since then, but no matter what. In the end, the decision is up to yours if you want to continue chasing this or not. Which you should not be anyway. Take care and best wishes.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Last message/text/email: "It was nice meeting you. Hope you have a good life. -Lana"

Let that be the end of it. Give it no more thought. Pining after him any more is no more reasonable than pining after some guy you bought a burger from yesterday, you know each other about the same amount of time. No harm, no foul.

Jun 20, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Why did you not say that in the first place. A text message is contact. What was said in the text message. So your questions was misleading completely if you said you never heard from him since then, but no matter what. In the end, the decision is up to yours if you want to continue chasing this or not. Which you should not be anyway. Take care and best wishes.
    Well , I have decided to just try my best to forget about it, as hard as it may seem, the thought never crossed my mind that it would not work out I really thought that it would work, and by the way it was a picture text message is that still considered contact? He sent me a picture telling me how happy he was about the Celtics winning the game all the message said was Celtice babi, and I have heard nothing else. I feel really ashamed now I did take my time out to go and visit but I guess you win some and lose some. Thanks for the advice though.
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jun 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
    It depends, he could have just been so happy about the celtics that he sent the same message to everyone in his address book. So yes it is considered contact, but it may not have been intentional. Either way, I agree with everyone else, move on. Best of luck.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Even if he contacted you two days later it is not the same as before he meet you and, I am sure, talking with you constantly. So he meets you and now he loses interest in contacting you like he was before. Means he is not as interested as you are AND most likely he was looking more along the lines of somebody to have a good time with.
    You need to make it clear that you are interested in finding someone to have an ongoing relationship with. Also you need to learn how to ask questions to see where they are coming from. It hurts to feel used but you need to make yourself clear NO PLAYERS. Friends only or an LTR.
    Also don't get so emotionally hung up on a guy you barely know, sometimes it takes months for them to show their true colors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Angry at everything [ 6 Answers ]

Heya people... I went on year 11 camp (got back on friday) And now I'm in a really really bad mood During the camp my perceptions of a chick I know changed and now I really like her a lot and then liking her really messed with my head and my mood and I got really really sad and low and now that's...

Angry Cat [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 cats a 3 year old and a year old cat. The 3 year old cat just sees the other cat and follows him then when he really gets mad he attacks the cat and this has been going on for a month what should I do?

What do I do with a angry cat? [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is mental he will be nice one minute and the next and grapples on to my arm and bites,then he will let go like he knows its bad and lick u,also he stalks one of my other cats and corners him and beats the crap out ofhim every night, I don't know what to do is there anything I can give him?

Why must I be angry? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a question. Is it normal for guys to try to test women in relationships? I seem to have an issue, that eventually leads to a breakup because the guy always wants to see what I'm like when I'm angry. Is it wrong to want a peaceful relationship 90% of the time? I know I can be kind of...

Why am I so angry with him [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all I have had this huge problem that I can't seem to let go of. Let me first tell you the basis of it all. I had been in a serious long term relationship with a man for nearly 4 years, I was living with him at the time and we were due to get married. But unfortunately the relationship ended...

View more questions Search