Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krazyaobutsmile Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Is 13 2 young to date a 15 yrs old
    Is 13 yrs old 2 young 2 date a 15 yr old? Is a 3 yrs age diff a lot?:cool:
    BONNIEsansCLYDE Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Only ANSWER the question on this page here. Do NOT ASK a question.

You are NOT logged in.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BONNIEsansCLYDE
    Only ANSWER the question on this page here. Do NOT ASK a question.

You are NOT logged in.
    What?
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazyaobutsmile
    Is 13 yrs old 2 young 2 date a 15 yr old? is a 3 yrs age diff alot?:cool:
    In my point of view it is. I would not allow my 13 year old to date a 15 year old. One is in middle school, the other in high school. They should have totally different interests at these ages.
    BONNIEsansCLYDE Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 04:44 PM
    NO!-hey, cupid doesn't consider frivolous, irrelevant things like how long you've been on this earth when it comes to love. Plus, they're both minors, so no kind of annoying technicalities, i.e. "laws" are being broken. Matters of the heart should never be analyzed according to sociablly acceptable "norms"... Be grateful for the blessing that it is, and go with it!
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Bonnie, do you have children? Particularly a 13 year old girl? Have you studied Erikson and Piaget?

Most 13 and 15 year olds are in different stages of life. I'm not saying that ALL children of these groups are in different stages, but most.

Most 13 year old little girls have not gotten their period yet, they are just getting into shopping and maybe talking on the phone.

Most 15 year old boys are in high school by now and are in the beginnings of raging hormones.

How long you have been on this earth is not frivolous nor is it irrelevant.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 04:57 PM
    I would say what sort of "date" if your parents are driving the two of you to a middle school dance or you are going with him and his parents to a pool or something,

Just what do you mean by date ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 22, 2008, 05:08 PM
    I think 13 is too young to date one on one. It would be OK to hang out in a group. The older one gets, the less an age difference matters. But the younger one is, the more it matters. At younger ages the difference between emotional and maturity development is magnified.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 22, 2008, 05:32 PM
    13 too young to date. I know that seems lame, I mean my mom is always telling me not to date, and it does sound lame. But your two young to have a serious relationship, plus he is oldler than you a lot older, I think you should just hang out you know, don't do the whole dating game, just be friends. I hope it works out.

Jun 25, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonador101
    13 too young to date. i know that seems lame, i mean my mom is always telling me not to date, and it does sound lame. but your two young to have a serious relationship, plus he is oldler than you alot older, i think you should just hang out you know, don't do the whole dating game, just be friends. i hope it works out.
    Thank you. I posted this question because eveyone in my school is "dating!" I agree it's a young age but people think I am lame. THANK YOU!

Jun 25, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I think 13 is too young to date one on one. It would be ok to hang out in a group. The older one gets, the less an age difference matters. But the younger one is, the more it matters. At younger ages the difference between emotional and maturity development is magnified.
    Thank you, I posted this question because everyone in my school is "dating" I think it a little young too. Everyone thinks I am a lame though. Oh well, then I AM A LAME! Thank you, once again you help me!

Jun 25, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Your welcome Krazyaobutsmil,
    Ps ( I am 13)

Jun 25, 2008, 03:15 PM
    your welcome Krazyaobutsmil,
    ps ( i am 13)

Do people date at your skool? If they do, do you? Has anyone ask you out. What do people say 2 people if they date?

Jun 25, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Firstly people are payig less attention to you than you think, and plus at my other skool people were "ddateing" witch meant they talked on the phone maybe once a week, and sometimes there parents took'em places. It really isn't dating its all a show. Imean dating when yoiur like 16 is different I mean at least you have a car, I mean you can go places.
    All right to tell you the truth I am homeshooled and next year am going to 8th grade ( the other school I was talking about was my 6th grade skool) so your rightit will be hard to not do it if everyone else is. Sometimes you want to be cool, and do what everyoneelse is doing you forget about common sense. So you and me will just have to stick together and say "no"

Jun 25, 2008, 07:53 PM
    firstly people are payig less attention to you than you think, and plus at my other skool people were "ddateing" witch meant they talked on the phone maybe once a week, and sometimes there parents took'em places. it really isn't dating its all a show. imean dating when yoiur like 16 is different i mean at least you have a car, i mean you can go places.
    all right to tell you the truth i am homeshooled and next year am going to 8th grade ( the other school i was talking about was my 6th grade skool) so your rightit will be hard to not do it if everyone else is. sometimes you want to be cool,, and do what everyoneelse is doing you forget about common sense. so you and me will just have to stick together and say "no"
    Thnxs. U so right!
    matthughes Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Jun 26, 2008, 03:04 AM
    Yes way to young!!

Jun 26, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by matthughes
    yes way to young!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thaxs more people are starting to agree
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Your both on different levels in maturity and he might ask more of you than you do him. Just make sure you understand each other and are truly happy in a relationship together.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Going out as a 13 yr old is as Sonador said different than when you are older.
    Then by the time he reaches the age of consent if you two have a physical relationship he could get in trouble for being with a minor so you have to take not only the ages of 13 and 15 into consideration but also a year from now, two years from now, three years from now,
    luvababe33 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jun 26, 2008, 05:47 PM
    In my eyes age is a number if your mom said no I wouldn't do it cause you could get in a lot of trouble but if you relle love this guy then go 4 it !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How young is too young when it comes to your virginity? [ 41 Answers ]

This girl who's interested in me recently told me that she lost hers at 14.The legal age here is 16.Im not sure whether to be put off by this because it seems a bit young. She said she's never had sex after that but that's not the point.woulnt care if she's a virgin or not but not sure if I should...

A bit to young?(to date) [ 9 Answers ]

Well I am in 6th grade... there's this boy that likes me but if he asks me out I would be scared... I like him too but I don't really talk to my mom about everything and I wouldn't know what to say to her... I don't know if I am too young... if he asks my out should I say yes?

To young to date? [ 20 Answers ]

How old should someone be to go on a date. For instance should a 12 year old girl(grade 7) be going out to guys to the movies?? Should she even be talking to them on the phone the computer? Is 12 to young to date? Because I like this one guy and hah I bet you knew this was coming I'm 12 we were...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search