Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedevilyouknew Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Ouija boards and bad stuff
    I've been doing casual research on ouija boards recently. Frankly, Im appalled by the controversy this stirs up. So my question goes out to all the people on these boards who have said ouija boards are no good...

Do you have specific examples? Can you give a personal experience?

It seems to me that people biased against it simply say 'dont do it.'
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 03:37 PM
    It represents "black magic" to anyone with a fairly strong religious background.

I myself have no opinion on them, other than I think it is a farce to believe that such a thing could provide you with answers to any type of question.

Jun 19, 2008, 03:49 PM
    As I understand it, they were first marketed not as a 'black magic' device, but as more of a parlor trick. Frankly, Im not sure whether I think the boards are just a subconcious game or some sort of conduit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
    The boards teach people to call upon a "unknown" power, this is veiwed by christians as a evil power. The bible is clear about calling upon fortune tellers and such things. And while not a large percent.
    The board is what ever you want to thiink it is, if you believe you are in control then you are not accepting what the "game" wants you to do.

Jun 19, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    this is veiwed by christians as a evil power.
    Why is it that all spirits are deemed evil? Most of the people in the world aren't evil, just impartial. Only a third of the angels were kicked out of heaven, and that isn't a majority... Where does this 'all spirits are bad spirits' mentality come from?
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Because there are certain things specficly mentioned in the bible as wrong, and good spirits will not go against God's word and commands.

Spirits that do bad things are bad, spirits that go against Gods word are bad, Even if they appear to be doing good. And all people in the world are evil, or sinners as I perfer, every christian is a sinner and has a evil nature, all people have a human nature which is not good. They may do good things, but that does not make their personal spirit ( soul) good,

Jun 19, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Because there are certain things specficly mentioned in the bible as wrong, and good spirits will not go against God's word and commands.

Spirits that do bad things are bad, spirits that go against Gods word are bad, Even if they appear to be doing good. And all people in the world are evil, or sinners as I perfer, every christian is a sinner and has a evil nature, all people have a human nature which is not good. They may do good things, but that does not make thier personal spirit ( soul) good,
    Wow. I didn't intend on stirring anything up here, but you have personally offended me. I will be reporting this.
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 06:16 PM
    I will be honest, if this offended you, you really will get offended when you get others giving you more opinions. And stirr what up, I thought it was a fairly good discussion.

What offended you?

Please understand you asked the question, and these boards are considered to use some power if you believe in their actually telling a future. Now if you think they are some silly game that you control, it is a game. But many people take them very seriously and believe in their "powers"
    As for religion, actually you asked about being being bias and I explained why, also if you note you continued to question responses about it.
    And to be honest there are posters on here that will declare you doomed to hell for using them, and a lot worst, so I will be very blunt, if my answers offended you, you are going to be offended on these boards all the time or need to not ask things that have a relationshp to religion or spirits. Give this thread a few weeks, and you will see I would guess a lot of answers that will really seem offensive if you are already offended.

Jun 19, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I will be honest, if this offended you, you really will get offended when you get others giving you more opinions. And stirr what up, I thought it was a fairly good discussion.

What offended you ??
    PM me. This is not the place.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 06:29 PM
    This thread is now about to be closed.

Devil, you asked a question, an open ended question, you got an answer. While you may not like it, there are people with different beliefs than you.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm thinking about using a ouija board... [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my two friends did one two days ago but we didn't do it right and I looked it up on the website and I now know how to do it. I was just woundering what everyone would say about it though, as I have heard that they aren't always safe! I have tried talking out loud but that didn't work...

Okay I finally got the ouija board [ 7 Answers ]

I have no idea how to use it. I tried it like for 30 minutes but I don't know if I'm doing it right or anything. Can anyone tell me the correct way on how to use on?

Using a ouija board alone [ 173 Answers ]

Hi, I just purchased a Ouija Board (the glow in the dark one) yesterday; I've never before used one in my life but researched and have some knowledge about it. Why are people not supposed to use them alone? And also, I have what I would call a 'sixth sense' anyway where I see and hear things most...

Ouija board [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know the prayer for the ouija board can anyone help me?

Will I really die because an ouija board said so [ 22 Answers ]

Well I ned help I was playing with a ouija boardand it said I was going to die after that weird things started happening . Are ouija boards real? Do you think I was messing with a bad gohst? What happens because it told me that?

View more questions Search