Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbrown-11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Renew expired German passport from 1967
    Does anyone know if it is possible to renew a German passport originally issued in 1967? Family came to America then and stayed beyond visa, underground.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 03:01 PM
    For the passport, they will need to contact the nearest German embassy to their location, Not sure if they will not just have to apply for a new one. That will not still be legal staus, for that they will have to apply for a new visa with the US
    dbrown-11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    For the passport, they will need to contact the nearest German embassy to thier location, Not sure if they will not just have to apply for a new one. That will not still be legal staus, for that they will have to apply for a new visa with the US
    I'm wondering if anyone has experience since the new EU Citizenship rules took place.
    It really looks to be less prohibitive, according to this Palm Beach Post article.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

What can I do to renew my Passport [ 2 Answers ]

I used to renew my Passport at Consulate Portuguese in London but last month I found the doors are closed at all the time and no one is allowed to go inside, I ring to the Consulate many times but no answer. My Passport expired two month ago. Can I send my old Passport to the Consulate by post,...

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

Expired passport [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is german and her passport has expired, who do we contact to renew it and were do we go

View more questions Search