Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Cable get warm
    I recently had a 15kw heater added to my pool, unfortunately I am unable to use this as the armoured cable gets very warm and trips the RCD. The run of cable is approx 30 ft to the pump housing of my pool. I am not an expert but have google'd and read something that you should allow 5amp per mm2 up to 20 meters, again I would appreciate guidance on this. I have found the original bill for the work carried out and the cable used was 1.0 armoured cable, is this correct.

Many thanks

David
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 05:49 PM
    15 KW, 20 m, X Volts; X = 220? 240?

Is the 1.0, 1 square mm wire.

See what kind of marking there are on the cable jacket and the voltage in your area. Even the jacket diameter and # of wires could help.

The 1.0 isn't in the right ball park, but then I'm dealing with the English system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

Wall mount for cable, how do I prepare for cable line? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to move my T.V. across the room, I have a wall mount with the wire there. What do I do to the wire that is not cable prepared to look like the one that is now being used? I need step by step instructions. If anyone can help me please!! :confused: Signed single mom trying to save a few...

How do I install a new cable outlet from an existing cable outlet [ 2 Answers ]

I have cable and want to install a new cable box on another wall? How do I fish the cable to the new location and how do I install the new cable box outlet?

First no air, now air is warm [ 4 Answers ]

We had power issues a couple of days ago from Tropical Storm Ernesto, and I heard the AC go off during one of the power blips. The temps outside have been really nice for the last couple of days, so we didn't notice that there was no air coming from the vents in our house. So the unit outside has...

Why warm-up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Is it important to do a warm-up before exercising? I was told that it is important to get more oxygen before we start exercising. If this is true, can we use breathing techniques to get more oxygen instead of a warm-up?

View more questions Search