Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 04:54 AM
    American girls must be really stupid if they base their behaviour on movies. Did the success of The Graduate start a generation of young men/older women sexual relationships? LOL!
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Here is another article about it:
    Pregnancy Boom at Gloucester High - TIME

"They're so excited to finally have someone to love them unconditionally,
    And Digg's discussion of it:
    Digg - Dozens of high school girls make pact to get pregnant

It has nothing to do with the system but more to do with sh*tty, neglectful parenting. Parents too busy chasing the almighty dollar usually.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 05:56 AM
    In the movie 'Juno' pregnancy is portrayed as something that could be shrugged off. A no-big-deal. Let's have un-protected sex and if I get pregnant, it's okay, some loveing couple will want to adopt my baby...

... NOT!

I hate hollwood for that. Maybe in the glamorized life of a celebrity it wouldn't be hard at all to have a child and actually support it with their millions of dollars. Unlike them, 'lower-class' citizens don't have the dough to invest 1 million dollars into a nursery. Golly, if I had a million dollars... the possibilities.

Does hollywood think that teenage pregnancies are that easy?

Lets make a movie about middle to lower class teenage girls getting pregnant and trying to survive. That's real life.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    American girls must be really stupid if they base their behaviour on movies. Did the success of The Graduate start a generation of young men/older women sexual relationships? LOL!
    I loved that movie!
    I'm sure that there are young men/older women sexual relationships going around (infact we hear it every so often) but it isn't an epidemic.
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Movies don't influence people as much as you think they do. Did Trainspotting reduce the number of heroin users? I don't think it did.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Movies don't influence people as much as you think they do. Did Trainspotting reduce the number of heroin users? I don't think it did.
    Also liked that movie as well...
    It was really freaky.
    There are still heroin users unfortunately.

There is a fine line between hollywood and reality.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by happyprincess
    i think this is just example of how our society is going to collapse form the inside out.I think that if this happening now , I can't wait to see the teens of 2020. It's bad enough that more babies are born out of wedlock, at alone teen purposely trying to have a baby.
    Why are teens so immature in a era of information?
    Because their parents don't hold them to any sense of personal responsibility--and part of THAT is because society (and even the kids themselves!) will call CPS if a parent tries to discipline a child.

I've been advocating the idea that in order to get Welfare, you must have a job and a high school diploma or GED for years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In high school Thinking about things to do After high school. [ 18 Answers ]

Im In Grade 11 and I don't know what I want too do when I get out of High school So I started looking into it and I want to do something that I would be passionate about Anyone know any good Websites or any Info for someone who Doesn't Know what too do yet with there life??

Going back to high school [ 1 Answers ]

Wasup,my name is jason and I droped out of high school at the begging of my softmore year.Now summer has arrive & I'm thinking over my plan for what I'm going to do next year.I was talking to some of my friend and they said I should go back.I failed every class my freshmen year so if I went back I...

Would a senior guy in high school go out with a sophomore girl in high school? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a sophomore in high school and I like this senior guy in my school. Last year I went out with this guy who was my age and he was way to imature for me, and wasn't looking for a real relationship, it somethimes seemed to be a friends with benefits thing then a relationship, all he ever wanted...

Freashman at high school [ 16 Answers ]

Well there are a couple of things... 1. what should I wear to the first day of school? 2. I'm just starting hs and ik a lot of people. But I've never gone to school w/ any of the kids going there. Some are nice and some are different. I like all the kids I know which is pretty much all the...

View more questions Search