Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniella4087 Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Jun 19, 2008, 01:24 PM
    stomach ulcer
    hi... my b/f was having a lot of stomach pains it first started I believe last August and he's still getting them but not everyday... he went to the doctor and they told him he had a stomach ulcer... but when I was doing research online about it for him it said test needed to be done like an x-ray or blood and something else which was never done to him they just told him he had an ulcer off what he said... so what I want to know is if its possible to know someone has a stomach ulcer without you doing any tests??
    channy1981 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 07:35 AM
    I'm having the same pains I've just had a blood test but waiting for the results I will let you no if that's what I've got
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Just to avoid ulcers, eat well, that is at the required time. Don't jump meals.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 07:57 AM
    No idea what some people are saying up top...

Yes, you're right. Pepcid ulcers can be diagnosed via upper GI endo or a blood pH test. However, the doctor "should" have said that it "may be" stomach ulcers.

Did the doctor suggest anything, such as staying away from aspirin, eating properly, and staying away from alcohol? Did he offer any sort of medication or antacid?

Jul 10, 2008, 01:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    no idea what some people are saying up top...

yes, you're right. pepcid ulcers can be diagnosed via upper GI endo or a blood pH test. However, the doctor "should" have said that it "may be" stomach ulcers.

Did the doctor suggest anything, such as staying away from aspirin, eating properly, and staying away from alcohol? Did he offer any sort of medication or antacid?

Umm no he told me that the doctor just straight told him he had an ulcer but no they didn't tell him anything about what he should or should not eat but I did look online for him and he knows some what of what not to eat like he doesn't drink alcohol anymore and soda or any thing really acidy but he going to go to the doctors soon hopefully he had to wait for his health insurance

Jul 10, 2008, 01:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by channy1981
    im having the same pains ive just had a blood test but waiting for the results i will let u no if thats wht ive got

Yes pleasse let me know what happens with that I will very much appreciate that
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 03:30 AM
    And also eat less spicy meals, if he used to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy and stomach ulcer [ 1 Answers ]

What effect does stomach ulcer have on pregnancy

Stomach ulcer. [ 2 Answers ]

Um okay.. About a year ago my boyfriend found out that he has had a stomach ulcer for about 2 years, I don't really know much about it, Except that its big, to small to take meds to get rid of it. So he has been taking shots to keep it undercontrol. And he is pretty stuborn so he doesn't really...

Stomach ulcer [ 9 Answers ]

I have been to dr,s and he said maybe gastritis or gastric ulcer. I have been to consultant who said need to do endoscopy with biopsy. I believe gastric ulcers can be cancerous, I am age 37 don't smoke, no history of ulcer in family, social drinker under 8 units per week but stopped now, not over...

View more questions Search