Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Panasonic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 12:33 PM
    We broke up because he wanted space, but he tells me he still wants to give us a try
    I've dated the guy for about a year and a half.. recently we've argued a lot, and I felt like I've lost myself because I became needy and I kept pushing him, and in the end he was tired. I know that what I did was wrong, and its hard because it took me this long to realize so much. And now I feel like I lost the one person who really made me happy, and he's done so much great things for me, and it was because of my pushing acts that pushed him away. I told him how I felt and I told him that I'm not pushing him to tell me if it's really done with. After that he called and told me he missed me and he's been thinking about it, and he wants to give us another try, but he just wants space right now. I get it.. but why does he stay calling me at night? Its so hard.. you want space, from the days.. but you want to talk to me at night? I guess he just wants to see what I've been up to? Am I just thinking too much? I feel like he doesn't love me anymore.. and I really care about this guy, I've done so much for him.. Does that turn a guy off? Its like he knows I'm going to be here for him, that I feel as if he's just never going to think about what he wants.. he says he doesn't want me out of his life.. but when will it hit him. When everything eventually hit him? If he calls do I pick up? Will it finally click to him.. Or would he think that it's just done with.. even though I told him I'll wait. Now its more of I'm waiting to know what you want with me, I don't care anymore.. it hurts so much. Do you want me or not? I want him to be happy even if it means not being in his life, its just the fact that I still feel pulled to him, because he does say he loves me.. and he wants to give us a try, but he wants space. I'm so sorry this all might sound so confusing.. but I'm confused, and it hurts.. especially when you want that person so bad, they give you that small hope that OK it'll work then you slowly don't know what's going on.. Should I just not pick up his damn calls? Or if I do, what am I suppose to say?
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jun 19, 2008, 12:48 PM
    I suggest you go to no contact and move on with your life.. you need to fix your problems so you don't do them again to the next guy.. figure out why you're so needy..

I understand what he's saying but I don't think you should wait for him while he figures this out, you need to move on.. date other people, do things you enjoy to do..

Don't answer his calls anymore, and don't be at his beck and call every second.. maybe he needs that from you to pull away and then he'll realize what he's missed out on.. you need to be independent of your boyfriend always..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 01:03 PM
    You guys are playing such a game with each other, so I guess you both love the tension and drama. He wants space, give it to him. Stop answering his nightly calls, and maybe the two of you will get serious, and discuss things like adults, and solve your problems together, if not, it time to move on.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
    He asked for a break so give him what he ask for. No longer should you be there when he wants you too. If you continue to talk to him it will only leave you in the situation you're now,and left feeling torture,confuse, and false hope.

End this connection with him by having no contact. You don't owe him that. All because he calls you does not mean he wants you back, he might have nothing better to do or just geing nosy. Anyway , to keep your feelings under control and to heal is simply no contact, you don't need to know what's going on in his life and he don't need to know what's going on in yours. Be strong and stay strong, you control having contact with him, not him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants space but tells me she is still in love with me. [ 61 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm currently going through a rough stretch. My girlfriend of a year and a half told me two days ago that she still loves me but needs space. The past month was really good for us, no fighting, and just enjoying our time together. Five days before she asked for space she said she...

She wants space.But tells me not to give up on her. [ 115 Answers ]

Wow... Where to begin. Ill try to make this brief but how do you sum up 7 years of living together and 7 months of being separated. The Breakup.. She needs space. She is unhappy with herself. She just finished college and was starting the masters but it was too stressfull. So she drops...

Wanted Space then he went back to his ex in a week [ 1 Answers ]

My live in boyfriend moved out on 10/5/07. I asked him to. I needed space. Just to detach myself from his ex. She was so mean to him. Well a week later he tells me him and his ex are going to give it another shot. They spent a lot of time together over the weekend and the kids loved it. Now I am...

View more questions Search