Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    virg924 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Used fuse reliable testing method?
    First of all, thank you kitch428 for your answer re: 2003 Toyota Corolla A/C problem. We checked and there was coolant, although low so more was added. It still isn't blowing cold air. We thought it might be the fuse - it had blown once before about 3 years ago - and was replaced. My husband tried a couple of fuses and that didn't help. I found out that when my husband and his "mechanic" buddy put in a fuse, the fuse would blow. What is wrong with a car's a/c when the fuse blows immediately. Are we talkin' major bucks to fix it? Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Here's how to properly test fuses, in the future:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Try disconnecting the compressor connector to see if the fuse still pops.
    The probem could be a burnt (shorted out) compressor clutch coil, or worst case, a seized compressor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ECU fuse and turn/reverse signal fuse problems [ 3 Answers ]

He, I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback and has had electrical problems since the day I got it. This sh*t sucks. First, it was the ignition that kept burning up and I went through 3, and found the solution. Fixed that problem and now, there's another. The ECU fuse in the engine bay keeps blowing...

Are horoscopes reliable? [ 16 Answers ]

I have been relying a lot on daily horoscopes to help with my relationship problems. However, when I read a certain horoscope that is bad it ruins my whole day. Like my ex who tells me he will want me back. When I read his, it will say something like, Romance is in the air for you today. This...

Reliable used car for son [ 5 Answers ]

I would like some input on a reliable car for my 17 yo son. He has a 2003 Lancer but wants a manual and a car he can customize. He likes the older jettas (1999 and up) but I have read some negative things about the costs of repairs. Any suggestions for sporty cars that cost between $ 3000-$4000?...

View more questions Search