Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rotten0918 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Hourly rate of a salaried employee
    I am needing to figure out an employee's hourly rate by taking his total income from last year, and divide or multiply it by 52 and times or divide by 12... HELP I can't figure out the math... :eek:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 19, 2008, 08:04 AM
    How many hours a week do they wor? The formula is:

Annual salary/52/hours per week
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 26, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotten0918
    I am needing to figure out an employee's hourly rate by taking his total income from last year, and divide or multiply it by 52 and times or divide by 12....HELP I can't figure out the math....:eek:

Rotten-

If employee works 40 hours a week you take 40 hours X 52 weeks = 2080 hours in a year.

If employee's annual salary is 40,000 you than divide 40,000 by 2080 to come up with the hourly wage of 19.23.

Formula:

Hours per week multiplied by 52 = annual hours
    Annual salary divided by annual hours = hourly wage

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried vs hourly [ 1 Answers ]

My question regarding wages. If one is on salary, (set wages), then does that employee also get paid for any sick time? Or is that left up to the discretions of the employer? If an employee is on an hourly then I presume sick time is deducted.

No pay as a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee and am entitled to 2 weeks. Vacation and 5 personal/sick days. I am required to work overtime without pay. I recent just came off an illness in which I missed 12 of my 15 vac./personal days. I was told I could lose those days, or not take the pay. However, I will have...

Salaried vs Hourly [ 2 Answers ]

I am an administrative RN (ie Monday/Friday, 40 hours a week), however I am often asked to work extra shifts when the staff is short. I am currently an hourly employee so I am compensated for the extra time. My Administrator is making all admin nurses salaried. Shouldn't we expect a substantial...

Difference between salaried and hourly wage status [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between salaried and hourly wage status?

Labor Law in New Hampshire, Salaried vs Hourly [ 3 Answers ]

My question is: If an employer put someone on salary,(supervisor/manager), can that position be taken away from him/her for no reason given? Can a salaried person have his salaried position taken away and put on hourly wages if he/she has had that salaried position for more than 2 years?

View more questions Search