Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunterleej Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 05:23 AM
    "ink tank full"
    Canon pixma mp 160... what do I have to do when I get a message that says "ink tank full"?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Hunter,

Sorry for the delay. Try this lnk and see if it helps. If it does not, please call Canon support.

Photo Inkjet Printers - Photo Inkjet Printers - PIXMA Pro Professional Inkjet Printers - Photo Printer - PIXMA iP6000D - Canon USA Consumer Products
    Mr_am Posts: 105, Reputation: 4

Jun 29, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Ink tank full message does not seem to be a bad message.. ;).. do nothing and see if you can print normally.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Ink Tank Full means the used ink collection tank is full. Sometimes you can get a work-around in code by contacting Canon Support directly.
    printerfixer Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2008, 03:02 PM
    There is no "ink tank" so to speak in these printers. It's about 3 layers of sponges in the bottom of the printer. They are called,ink absorbers. The "waste tank" full message is an indication that the ink absorbers are nearing a saturation point. There are reset procedures where you can simply bypass this message so that you can continue printing. However, you run the risk of running this so long, the purge unit will get clogged and the ink may even leak out of the bottom of the machine. It is best to either, clean and dry these "sponges" or purchase replacement sponges. Either way, after cleaning or replacing you will still need to perform the reset.
    Check out Fix Your Own Printer
    When you get to the site just search for your printer model and reset procedures.
    At the point you are getting this message it is usually about time to replace the print heads as well. If you are going to maintain the machine I would suggest you purchase a new print head at this time. The machine, if it is what I am thinking it is, is well worth putting 75-100 dollars into to keep it running. It has a good history. Not like the cheap stuff on the shelf today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

300 gig full of data now "unallocated" after PC unplugged? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a 300 gig ext maxtor hd usb'd to my PC, approx 85-90% full of data. During a burning process (using Nero) of data from the drive my PC got unplugged, I rebooted to find the maxtor wasn't listed in my computer or windows explorer. I went through to computer management where the drive shows,...

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? Part2 [ 2 Answers ]

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email...

Can partial rent be considered "paid in full"? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a store in which the rent for the past 3 years has been $9K/month. I have 2 years left on the lease. I've spoken over the phone and have many email correspondence with the leasing director of the realty company about giving me lower rent since the weakening economy due to high energy...

View more questions Search