Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alberse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 05:06 AM
    Patio awning storm damage
    My patio awning is a sunsetter vinyl attached to my home. I purchased additional anti-pooling attachments for the awning. A recent storm broke the awning in the middle of the roller and caused damage to my deck and furniture. Will my homeowner's insurance pay for replacement?
    This awning is up all year and over 4 years has held up very well. How can I ensure payment from insurance company.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
    If damage is caused by a storm, sometimes they call it an 'act of god' and don't cover it. If they do cover, you will have to pay your deductible. All you can do is call them and find out.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Storm damage is pretty much always covered but at varying levels. Talk to your agent before you call the claims office and actually file a claim. He/she can help you think this trough because your deductoble may be close to the actual repair costs and claims are held againist you. Too many claims and your rates can go up or you can be dropped so consider wisely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Storm, Tree fell and hit my car [ 6 Answers ]

There was a bad desert storm, I live in Arizona. I live in a townhouse and my car was parked in the lot. There was tree that had been dead for awhile now. During the storm, the tree fell and hit my car. It made a 4inch dent in the truck area, broke a taillight and broke a plastic piece from the...

'nother brain storm I had [ 5 Answers ]

In early 2002... We get middle aged menopausal women who have raised their kids and had enough of their husband & in-laws and dealing with the dilemas they imposed on us through the years and are ready for some drastic change in their mid life crisis. We wear burkas and join the...

Two storm at once [ 2 Answers ]

I recently celebrated my daugther's first birthday. Two days before her birthday, my father in law was in a multiple car accident. He's car was hit behind by a Ford f150 and hit the car in front of him. Two days after the accident, he learned that his grandfather passed away. He had cardiac arrest...

Storm cleanup [ 5 Answers ]

In yesterdays storm that hit LI I lost a very large branch off one of the trees in my backyard. The branch is more than a foot in diameter at the base and broke off a few feet from the base. When it broke it took out a power line so we were without power for over 20 hrs. Anyway, the power...

View more questions Search